old fashioned casement window hardware ?

Ned Bulken

I grew up visiting my grandparents who rented a series of cabins on a particular lake in the Pocono mountains in PA. One of the camps had these really cool casement window hardware, instead of a hand crank there was a metal bar mounted to the window, hinged at one end, with a right angle bend on the opposite end that you'd put in whichever receiving hole on the window sill you wanted, there were 4 holes in a row near the hinge side one set in a bit which allowed you to pull the window closed.
depending upon which hole you put the bent end into, you could have it open at several angles, or fully closed.

pardon my crude skp sketch, but that's about as good as I could get to show the mechanism (with my crude skills). Does anyone know of:

what they are called ?
a source for said mechanism if available?

for all I know they were fashioned in the machine shop at the camp (there is a staff with a shop to effect repairs on the individual cabins as needed), though I doubt it.
the camp dated from roughly the 1930's if that helps any.

Attachments

• window hardware.skp
    51.9 KB · Views: 28
Do you have any really old, small towmn hardware stores around you? If so, they may have them tucked away in the back room. We had a old hardwarestore complete with qswo creeky floors that stuff that dated back to the turn of the century.:eek: