It's Friday - 4/15/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
It's a beautiful Friday here and supposed to be just as nice all weekend, rain has moved mostly out of the forecast for us. Probably working on the bathroom project tonight. I'm hoping to get some old building materials hauled to the restore for donation tomorrow, maybe go get some gravel for the driveway. Might try to get some time in at the range too.

So what's on everyone else's plate?

It's Friday ! When did it become Friday !.
I guess hunting 4 morning this week for turkeys got me all mixed up .
Hunting Saturday and Sunday morning in Va. and will be out Monday morning for the Md. Turkey opener.

i GOT 6 BIG TREES REMOVED FROM THE YARD LAST WEEK.
I have a LOT is wood to pick up and stack.

This weekend I will work a little on the bay window install prep work.
I need to get it ordered - as well as two simple double hung windows.

I am also building a 10x12 shed, so that will be in the works.

I am trying to get some info on Central air install.

I will be having the new John Deere delivered on Sunday.

I suppose I'd better get the lawn mowed sometime today, since it's supposed to rain here this weekend.

I also need to do more shuffling and purging of stuff in my garage to make room for some shelving units I recently acquired. Slowly working my way toward getting a shop set back up.

And I expect to spend some time putting this new (to me) guy through its paces:

Purple Strat 02 - 800.jpg Purple Strat 01 - 800.jpg

I found it last week at the local used guitar shop, so I did a bit of horsetrading and brought it home. This is Stratocaster #4 for me. I just replaced the pickups last night, so I'm curious how they sound with my rig. With this configuration, I expect to get a bit wider variety of tones than I get with my other Strats.

First beautiful day of the season, girls and their families are coming tomorrow for dinner and get all of the ponies out for the kids to ride. 4 new ponies and Ricky so everyone will have their own but for tomorrow Fancy won't be out as she has a surprise inside and don't need her banged up at this late date. Going to look at an old JD corn planter tonight. Don't need it, but it is a good enough buy if it is as described, be worth bringing home and putting in the shed as it will be all I will ever need here behind the team. Sunday, recuperate from Saturday! Moving, stacking, splitting and hauling firewood. Trying to clean up the big piles of wood so can fence that area for the kids to have an arena for riding their ponies on their own.

Mid 70's this weekend, first one of the year here:D got my car out of winter storage today, going to help a friend put his pontoon in the water, so boat ride tomorrow:thumb: taking the same friend and his misses to the range afterwards to help with training for their CPL test next weekend, oh with the sunny weather need to mow the grass (even that there was snow here last weekend!)

Purple!

Going to drain the old pool and get things prepped for the new one. We used the old little 20' round one quite a bit, but would like to have one a little deeper with a nice deck around it. So going to pack this one away and see if I can find someone interested in taking it and will prep the ground for the new one.

I have managed to beat the shop into submissin to where it's actually usable so will try and knock out a couple of quick organizational projects as well.

Going to drain the old pool and get things prepped for the new one. We used the old little 20' round one quite a bit, but would like to have one a little deeper with a nice deck around it.

I assume something along this line...when is the next gathering? It should almost be big enough.

aboveground-pool.jpg

Well finally we can get outside again. Linda and I walked to the local pub tonight for a sandwich was really nice.

Tomorrow I go to check out a lawn mower. Not the tractor I want this is just another option to weigh up. Gotta make a decision soon grass will need cutting in a few weeks time.

Then got to mechanical work on sons car. Have a new catalytic converter to fit so I can get it put back on the road for him before I pick him up this week. He finishes University this week so the world has a new Civil Engineer. But he ain't done. In the fall he goes to another school to do his masters, so I ain't finished school yet.lol

Then I too have plans for building a shed. Wanted a quick and nasty solution so I looked at those Costco units but could not bring myself to pay for one of them. So I am going to build a modular shed so I can dismantle it and move it easily when time comes. Looking at 8x12 trying to build in increments of floor ply. If I can find the metal sheeting then that's what I will do for sides and modular roof. We be many weekends to get error done. Let's hope we have seen the last of the crappie weather up here ...touch wood. lol

Well finally we can get outside again. Linda and I walked to the local pub tonight for a sandwich was really nice.

Tomorrow I go to check out a lawn mower. Not the tractor I want this is just another option to weigh up. Gotta make a decision soon grass will need cutting in a few weeks time.

I've already cut my grass 3 times this year...

Trying to get the garden up and running here in 15 April average last frost land. Pole beans just poked their heads out and I hope these nightly low forties temps will not hurt them too much. Everything else is covered. Lost the first crop of tomatoes to a frost last week after I got lazy and didn't cover them up. Need one more load of topsoil and a couple more yards of mulch to be set for the summer.