1000mm x carve

We got an x carve and finally got it put together. The kids really liked the assembly. For me it was watch and let them mess up and then tell them to take it back apart and follow the directions. Not following directions must be an innate behavior for males. I have found that if I want something put together right the first time I need to get my girls to do it.

I ran by the school this weekend with Lucas and did a little adjusting and told Luke we needed to come up with something to carve for a test. Here's what he came up with and it's nearly finished. Just a little touch up and it's done. I think he's going to take it to school and give to his head football coach.

OSHS carve.jpg

Fantastic John.

John there may be times when the kids test you but what you doing for them by exposing them to those pieces of equipment and having them dabble in using it is going to be close to priceless for their futures.

Some day i hope some return to say thanks.

My son graduates university this week and i told him we both going back to his highschool to meet with his Maths teacher that made it possible. I owe that guy a debt of gratitude because were it not for the effort and hours on his part my son would never have made 1st year. Now he does math like a walk in park.

With the way tech is entering every workplace, your kids are going to be set for life.
well done. love the sign.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Cool! The kids will definitely benefit. Hands on cannot be overrated. Its also what I like about the nakerspace I belong to. Great kids there. Including some of us older ones!

Thanks guys. This has also been great for me as well. I've had a blast. I had a kid tell me the other day the only reason he comes to school is because of my class. He's really bright and very mechanically inclined. Like so many kids today though his home life is terrible.

We are starting our first "real" project using the CNC. I can't take credit for it, I saw it on the inventables web site. I put them in groups and told them they have to design a puzzle similar to this.Free-shipping-1set-Bulk-Childrens-Kids-Learning-Wooden-Letters-Shapes-Jigsaw-Puzzle-Toys-Gift-fo.jpg I told them we would donate the puzzles to the local children's hospital or maybe some pediatrician offices in the area. They have really ran with it, and yes some have plans that will fail. Failure though isn't always a bad thing. They'll just have to back up and punt and decide a new path.