Getting ready for the summer market season..

Chuck Ellis

My Farmer's Market and Craft show starts on May 7th for the summer... Every Saturday from 0900 to 1400... I've put together some new pepper mills for the opening ...
Two of these a re solid wood, one is spalted wormy Pecan and the other is Black Walnut. The tall one is also solid wood, but it's from a board I've planed and glued together... I bought the board to do some cutting boards, but I decided I don't like to do them. The board is Angelim Pedra... a variety of wood similar to and part of the same family as Marble Wood.
The other three are also glue ups from boards, I've used Ash, Fiddle back Maple, Purple Heart and some scraps of Spectraply I had laying around... I'm pleased with the way they turned out.

Most of the mills are in the 7 1/2" to 9" range, but the Angelim Pedra is a full 13 inches tall. All are finished with Old Master's Sanding sealer and Minwax polyurethane, then buffed with carnuba wax.

34-3190_0.jpg
Wormy Spalted Pecan

34-3191_2.jpg
Walnut

34-3196_0.jpg
Angelim Pedra

34-3192_2.jpg
Ash and Spectraply Royal Jacaranda

34-3193_2.jpg
Ash, Maple and Spectraply Royal Camo

34-3195_3.jpg
Ash and Spectraply Green Mountain Camo

They all look good Chuck, but those couple of angle laminated ones you did a spot on job of getting the grain lined up and they really pop. I'm betting those practically jump off of the shelf.

As far as I am concerned Chuck, you are the king of pepper mills! Those are absolutely great! Me being a pecan man loves the spalted pecan one. And, the walnut. All are better than good. Great job! :thumb:

Those are beauties for sure!! Is that the kit with the salt shaker on top and then pepper grinds from the bottom?

Nope, these are just the plain ol' crush grind mills... I tried a couple of those with the salt shaker on top and grinder on bottom... I thought they were a little flimsy and kinda funky... I think I still have two of the 3 I made still in inventory.

Great looking mills, Chuck. Each one has a unique look that sets them apart from the run of the mill mills :D, and I think that's gonna make them sell very well.:thumb::thumb:

An update on how the market went.... I sold 3 of the mills pictured plus 2 older ones... and a pile of bowls.... I put my older bowls on a clearence rack and offered them at 1/2 off... sold everything on the rack except 5 bowls... all told the market was successful for 5 ours of sitting and b.s.'ing with people as they came in... we grossed just under $K.... and I just learned that I've sold one piece from the Art Guild show so that will put me over the K mark for the weekend.