Kids are little windows to viewing ourselves...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
So my grandson got a little toy push mower for his 2nd birthday yesterday. Today I witnessed him turning it over, laying out a bunch of "pretend" tools on the coffee table next to him, then proceed to work on the mower.

The best part was when his mom started to help him, he scolded her for using the "pretend" tool wrong! :eek: However, he did correct her by show her the right way to use it, she was still holding the tool. :)

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I remember as a kid I was told that if I said a bad word, they would wash my mouth out with soap. So, first time I said one I got a whoopin. Felt grateful for that, seeing I knew soap was really bad tasting. Guess I had a lead butt. But, yes Jonathan. I agree. Kids definitely pick up on what we do and say. That business about do as I say and not what I do does not work with kids of any age.

Very cool and i see he has same BDay as me. Great to have a little guy around. Makes life way more interesting. Best time with my kids was when they were tots. Never enjoyed going to "moms and tots" though when they had the dads and tots days.

I was a single dad when my son was growing up... he was just barely 5 when we divorced and I took custody. He was 19 when I remarried. I got to have both Mother's day and Father's day celebrations. One of the three greatest days of my life was when he was born.

My favorite time with him was about 10 years of age... kids are still in awe of the world, but at an age where you can almost have adult conversations with them. I did watch my language when he was little, then he went in the army and all that was ruined. He doesn't want children so I'm going to miss out on the grand kids thing, but would rather go that route than him have them and not appreciate them.

I remember when my daughter, then about 4 said, "Oh, sh*t!" Her mum said , "Hilary!" Hilary said, "Not the dirty sh*t that goes in the toilet, mummy, just the sh*t that you say all the time." Reflect on that, eh?

I don't remember this myself, but my grandmother used to tell a story on me from when I was just a toddler... may have been about 4 as I was late talking...( as an only grandson in a family of about 10 or 12 granddaughters, I didn't need to talk much, just point and grunt, so I started talking late -- don't shut up much now though :rofl:)... but the story she told was I was sitting in the yard playing in the dirt and she heard me say "G**D**n bug" seems a bug had flown into my face and I wasn't happy about it.:D