The other shoe dropped

Roger Tulk

Iain told us this morning they have been informed that their house was destroyed in the Ft. McMurray fire. They are all safe in Edmonton, and are going to drive to Duncan, B.C. where Iain's in laws live, and Iain and Kristi have a house they are renting out. Apparently Iain's job is safe, but nobody will be going back to the pit for a while. Iain is pretty sanguine about it, he says, "Don't worry Dad, it's insured, and we are all safe." We both know there's no sense asking "Why?"

Well that is just terrible.:( Glad they have a good attitude about it all...Best thing you can do probably. Good luck to everyone in the area.

Roger, I am so sorry to hear about your son's house. I cannot imagine trying to recover from something that devastating. Glad to hear he has a good attitude about it, hope it continues.

That is a tough situation for a lot of people. What a tragedy. Really glad your family made it out safely.

The best news is that they are alright and doing fine. Mentally and physically. I personally would not want to have that happen. The stuff is just stuff. Most stuff is replaceable. Not family heirlooms and such, but other stuff can be. And, will be. Good thing they have insurance. It will all work out for the better. Glad they are alright, Roger.