Band Saw Blades

Leo Voisine

My Grizzly 513X2 uses 131.5 long blades. I need some new 1/2 and 1/4 general purpose blades.

I like good quality cutting tools and I don't mind paying a little extra - IF - it makes sense.

I use Freud table saw blades and cannot be convinced that Forrest is worth the difference in cost. I am not going to use cheap Harbor Freight blades.

What are your recommendations, comments, concerns, experiences.

Vote #3 for Ellis. :thumb: They have a minimum purchase, but their prices are half the cost and equal or better quality compared to some of the "name brand" blades. Someone posted recently that they had tried to order from Ellis directly and were referred to a distributor. I'd give them a call and let them know you are a commercial account...I suspect they'll sell directly to you. ;)

Vaughn, it's funny how small the world can be at times and how large at other times. After looking at the Ellis website a bit closer I realized that they are located only about 15 miles from my home but I honestly had never heard of them before.:thud:

Another positive recommendation for Ellis. I'd go right to their place of business if I was 15 miles away. They carry excellent blades at very fair prices.

I just ordered 10 Ellis Band Saw blades
Leo, do you remember what their minimum purchase is? Is blade prices and shipping cost still reasonable? They don't list pricing online. Did they question as to if you were a business vs private sale? I ordered from them about 4-5 years ago but I've heard they have changed this?
My blade is shot. I thought I had a spare but found it to only be a 1/4" blade instead of the 1/2" I've been using.
Thanks!