Christmas is coming..................

I had big plans to make (jewelry?) boxes for 3 young ladies I know. So far I have not even made a practice box. Looks like LOML is getting all my time in some stuff for the house. The bed, a tall cabinet and some over head cabinets for the laundry room. Then the Entertainment Center.

Somewhere this winter I was supposed to start two Kayaks for me and my Niece..... :rolleyes:

Was just thinking today about some quick stuff I might make. Everyone loves the turned Christmas ornaments and I can turn several a night so thats on the list. I have some drop dead gorgeous oak that is to thin for much, but it might be good for some desk clocks or some picture frames. But man is time short!

..........what are you making?

I've got to make some pens, and some yo-yos for Christmas presents, finish a few bowls.......

:eek: Christmas is WHEN :eek:

Man, I'd better get at it! :coffee:
Seriously.......

My WW for Christmas is actually coming after the fact. I have about 20 'projects' unfinished about the house and this year, as a gift for the LOML (and self preservation:eek: ), I am taking off from work for 11 days. That's 2 projects a day with time off for church.

If all goes well I should complete about half of them! :congrats:

Last year was coasters, this year is candle-holders (well, actually "tealight" holders). Most of the people will be getting walnut, either simple "round" ones:
Candle Holder 8.JPG
or the larger "flying saucer" ones:
Candle Holder 9_1.JPG

The only gifts that I'm planning to make and give are three black palm screwdrivers for my nephews. I've been trying to get some products made and ready to sell to co-workers and friends in the weeks between now and Christmas. I've got pens and bottlestoppers ready to sell. I've also picked up a few Ikea tealight holders (Like Lee showed above), a few confetti lights, and some pewter potpourri lids, and am starting to make the pieces they need to go on/in. I need to get busy to have a few of them done and available for sale before Christmas. In the meantime, I'm also trying to complete an order for a pool cue case before the holidays, too.

Here is what I know of right now:
  • The two tool cabinets described in the thread http://familywoodworking.org/public_html/forums/showthread.php?t=294 for my daughters Kathleen and Kristel

• Something for Margaret, but she sometimes reads this forum so I can’t say what.

• A toboggan for my grandson Ethan

• Two Chinese checker games, one for my granddaughter Leah and another for my honourary niece Melanie in Seattle
There will, undoubtedly be additional items.

I've already made some Christmas tree ornaments on my lathe that I'm giving away.

My son Steve Jr. asked me to build some shelves to go above his patio door and living room window of his new home for his girlfriend to display her vases....hmm, if I was a betting man that tells me she may become a permanent resident .....:huh: maybe an announcement coming?

I still have to build Judy a sewing center but that may get done as a Valentines gift (2-14), or a birthday gift (8-13) , or a anniversary gift (10-6) , or a .....?

I need to finish a foot stool for my 1 year old Grand Son. Then build a quilt rack for one of my sisters. This will be interesting because I have not turned on a lathe for at least 10 years. After that I need to get a good start on a flat screen TV cabinet with lift.
60 hours of work per week keeps getting in my way.That and my Harem of four women who seem to constantly say, Daddy I need.:doh:

Brian