Friday 5/20 edition

I would love to do the usual tractor/CNC routine, but I am involved in a special ceremony on Sunday at church, so the last couple of weeks have been filled with getting ready for that. Next week I hope to get back to my toys.

TGIF! Looks like the rain will be moving out this afternoon. Other than mowing I'm not planning to do a whole lot of yard work. I'm planning to do a couple of batches of barley pop and finish up a few things on the downstairs bath. Need to work on the timer for the pool and see if I can replace the soldered on battery with a replaceable one. Going to start on the toddler railing for my Grandson's bed and maybe the rifle cradle.

working on more of the multiple items in the shop. hopefully not getting too caught up in pop's re-roofing again (was awake for 32 hrs, but, with a pizza, and 12 hrs of sleep, i'm all better again!)

rats, got caught up in it again! yesterday was 13728 steps, 6.13 miles, burned 3160 calories, no wonder i was so tired. but, tomorrow is going to be my day, all day.... (roof will be done today).

Last edited:
Friday: Sitting in class at Aspire Camp at Jim McGrew's shop in Columbia, SC. Vectric is giving a presentation on the enhancements in v8.5.

Saturday: More class time in the morning, then a BBQ lunch. Not sure what the evening will bring yet.

Sunday: Breakfast at the hotel, then head back home!!!

Start vacation a 5:00 SHARP:woot: having a new shower installed Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday and while they are doing that I will be doing some more work on the vanity, picking tile, choosing a new toilet, mowing and trimming. Was hoping grab my bud and to head to my family property up in Mesick to search for the elusive morel mushroom but can't, will try again next year:(

It's Victoria Day weekend. Unofficial start of summer in Canada. Might rinse the barn dust off the kayaks for a couple of hours at some nearby lake. Otherwise staying close to keep an eye on the expectant ewes. Lots a small farm jobs including some big tractor jobs.:thumb:
Have a good one!

Finished up tree trimming and brush and mowing 3acres of pasture this week so looks like a slack weekend. Unless better half figures I need to do something constructive for here. Weather overcast and drippy so leaves the lawn out. Maybe some shop time.
David

Got a bunch of work work to do and get ready for the electricians on monday. So not much in the way of fun time.

But it will be nice to get the new panel in, a transfer switch for the generator, a sub panel for the garage and several other things the sparky's are going to take care of.

Got a bunch of work work to do and get ready for the electricians on monday. So not much in the way of fun time.

But it will be nice to get the new panel in, a transfer switch for the generator, a sub panel for the garage and several other things the sparky's are going to take care of.

What kind of generator? Are you hardwiring it in with automatic start?

Just a portable gas powered. Having a 30 amp plug put on the side of the house to plug it into and a manual transfer switch.

Will have it run to a few essential circuits in the house, like the well pump, the fridge/freezers.

The power used to be pretty reliable out here but we have had a few several hour long outages and one that lasted a few days this winter.

Will be nice to be able to just keep the basics going.

It's a 7500watt genny, so won't run everything, but will keep us going. It's loud as all get out though, so need to research ways to quiet it down.

I'm stoked to get the subpanel in the garage as well. Been way too long with having to run tools off of extension chords.

Well i am hoping ...wait not hoping but going to get my shed finished this weekend, our weather is supposed to be perfect so if it holds i will get er done.
Battling an issue with squaring up what i have already built. My rectangle is not square, could do with a pro to spot the error. Error is 1 inch on the diagonal in 187"

Then if i get that done its on to sort out power to shop. Got cable, need to tap off existing panel to ext panel and then on to sub panel.

Just a portable gas powered. Having a 30 amp plug put on the side of the house to plug it into and a manual transfer switch.

Will have it run to a few essential circuits in the house, like the well pump, the fridge/freezers.

The power used to be pretty reliable out here but we have had a few several hour long outages and one that lasted a few days this winter.

Will be nice to be able to just keep the basics going.

It's a 7500watt genny, so won't run everything, but will keep us going. It's loud as all get out though, so need to research ways to quiet it down.

I'm stoked to get the subpanel in the garage as well. Been way too long with having to run tools off of extension chords.
Brent how come you not doing it yourself.? From what i know of you this is well within your pay grade. Lol.

There's some wacky stuff going on in that main panel, and it needs replacing in order to hook up a transfer switch. It's definitely late 70's vintage.

Requires pulling permits, having the electric company do a disconnect, etc... WAY above my pay grade.

I'm comfortable replacing switches, sockets, and running new lines from a sub panel, but this is one thing I think is best left to the pro's.

I'm so looking forward to having it done though. Kudos to Sharon for finally finding an electrician that will come out to the isolated desert compound.

Today we played cards and had lunch with some friends.. tomorrow is market day again, leaving at 6 am for K'ville and the Farmer's Market... Sunday, we're having my son and daughter-in-law and my stepson in for dinner, so will be kick back and visit with family day.

There's some wacky stuff going on in that main panel, and it needs replacing in order to hook up a transfer switch. It's definitely late 70's vintage.

Requires pulling permits, having the electric company do a disconnect, etc... WAY above my pay grade.

I'm comfortable replacing switches, sockets, and running new lines from a sub panel, but this is one thing I think is best left to the pro's.

I'm so looking forward to having it done though. Kudos to Sharon for finally finding an electrician that will come out to the isolated desert compound.

Yup sorry i did not catch the main panel issues. I would pass on that too.

So even where u are in dessert the permit game follows...is there any place where this is not the case.?

I don't have an issue with codes and inspections but permits to me are just a tax.

So will an inspector actually come all the way out from town and inspect the sparkys work?

I can imagine why its been a challenge to find a sparky to do the work.

anyway holding thumbs for you guys that it passes quick without incident.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk