Guess What the Latest Innovation out of Bradley and Son Labs is Today!

Anyone care to guess what we're up to?

Prototype 1 . . .

Mailbox (1).jpg

Conclusion = Fail
(Birds ate it within 48 seconds)

Prototype 2 . . .

Mailbox (2).jpg

Conclusion = Fail
(Needed the funnel to fuel the miniature chainsaw used for my Bonsai)

Prototype 3 . . .

Mailbox (3).jpg

Conclusion = Fail
(Too Cutesy)

Prototype 4 . . .

Mailbox (4).jpg

Conclusion . . . Shows Promise

To be continued . . . . .

The spring has sprong
the cracker wrong

The funnel free
was not to be

The little bear was
not quite there

A little sponge is just the thing
for our little spring

Still no idea what you're making, but I will say the sponge is hard to rhyme.

Something interesting is happening in CA, hope you aint violating any of those tons of regs you Californians have, maybe springs are protected or sponges on the endangered list 😃

OK only one more suspense, this one, then the final answer tomorrow in full computer color.

"Passed...Worked great.

Well to be truthful it did really startle one person. You wouldn't think a big stalwart mail would startle that easily.

ENJOY!!!
JimB

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out how it will use three pencils, a washer, a q-tip and half of a bandsaw insert?

I'm guessing the trap is well laid but the wherefores and hows are still eluding me.

It's a mailbox flag that shows when the mail has been delivered?

ARE YOU READY?

Well you cannot win them all. The gizmo on the mail box that notifies the house that the mail has been delivered broke. So---Glenn and I did a bit of Rube Goldberg design work. It consists of a piece of one of the pool floating tubes (logs?) a spring from the spring box (see that's why a person keeps that junk), a piece of plastic (the kind kids make a key fob for mom out of), a short piece of dowel, a dab of Titebond III and some fun time.

The piece of plastic cord is attached to the "arm" where the end of the pool float is located. The other end of the cord has a large knot. The spring is bent around to the front of the mailbox. The knot is placed inside of the mail box and the mail box door is closed. When the postal person opens the door the spring straightens placing the piece of yellow pool float out where we can see it from a window or through the glass in the front door.

Then it is WHOOPIEEEee time. The mail is collected, carried to the house and dropped into the paper recycle box. Everybody is now happy. The merchant has paid for the advertisement that no body will read, the USPS has lost 46 cents per mail unit keeping the Postal Service alive for another day, the recycle guy got to drive his "pick up the material, crush it and drive on" truck and, to think, it all gets repeated tomorrow.

Enjoy,
JimB & GlennB

Attachments

• Mailbox (7).jpg
    Mailbox (7).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Mailbox (8).jpg
    Mailbox (8).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Mailbox (9).jpg
    Mailbox (9).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Mailbox (10).jpg
    Mailbox (10).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Mailbox (11).jpg
    Mailbox (11).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
:huh::doh::dunno::( And this is why I don't play guessing games. Oh and also because in the second grade I was the student to come up with the word that rhymed with duck and the teacher wouldn't put my word on the chalkboard!!!!!!!!:eek::saythat::rofl::dunno: Phonics worked for me!!!!!!!!

The mail is collected, carried to the house and dropped into the paper recycle box. Everybody is now happy. The merchant has paid for the advertisement that no body will read, the USPS has lost 46 cents per mail unit keeping the Postal Service alive for another day, the recycle guy got to drive his "pick up the material, crush it and drive on" truck and, to think, it all gets repeated tomorrow.

:rofl: :rolleyes: May be the best description of the mail I've seen yet.

Lol. We dont have mail to house anymore but it just means one Canada post mail person packs more mailboxes with same junk and i periodically do my duty to take to my blue bin for the rinse repeat cycle. And environmentalists are worried about my hemi. Duh.

Before I shred most of our mail (junk), it must first be sorted and the three or four pieces of mail that really belong to the next door neighbors gets hand delivered....so they can shred their own:D