Firefox id DEAD

I used to use it a lot, but chrome seems to be my go-to anymore. Might try disabling any extensions you have loaded and see if one is causing the issues. May need to disable all of them and add them back in one at a time.

Interesting. I've tried Chrome a few times over the past couple of years. I decided to try it again a couple of weeks ago and it absolutely sucked at everything I tried to do, including use this forum. Win10 on my laptop and my shop desktop.

Chrome is great if you have a gig or so of ram for each tab open.... ....

Haven't had to many problems with Firefox, so I'm guessing the other folks who suggested extension problems may be on the right track.

With either you can occasionally get something spinning out of control that requires killing and restarting the browser (although chrome is slightly better at sandboxing it into one tab).

I only have a problem on my main computer.

It is slow, delays, pauses and locks up. I cannot upload videos to youtube.

I disabled every addon and extension I could find.

I have 16 gig's of RAM and an i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 video card.
I know the technology is a couple of years old, but, I "think" I have enough computer power to run Firefox.

Chrome seems to do everything OK, including upload to youtube.

I only have a problem on my main computer.

It is slow, delays, pauses and locks up. I cannot upload videos to youtube.

I disabled every addon and extension I could find.

I have 16 gig's of RAM and an i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 video card.
I know the technology is a couple of years old, but, I "think" I have enough computer power to run Firefox.

Chrome seems to do everything OK, including upload to youtube.

Yeah, that sounds like enough puter, sounds a bit like you might have some malware affecting it if only your one computer is doing it. Have you run something like malwareBytes to check for issues?

I regularly abuse chrome (on linux) with 30 some open tabs. I never really have any problems with Chrome.

I also use Firefox and it works fine, but I just generally prefer chrome.

IE is dead to me, lol

I used to use it a lot, but chrome seems to be my go-to anymore. Might try disabling any extensions you have loaded and see if one is causing the issues. May need to disable all of them and add them back in one at a time.
I disables

I agree with Darren, I actually noticed that even Chrome was getting a little slow so i went in and deleted the extensions, also the setting that says use hardware ecellerations where available. Runs fast now..

I don't know. I run Firefox with no problems. I have even gone so far as to disable IE on my machine. I used to use Chrome some, but took it off. I only use FF and have no problems. I'm not running an huge amount of RAM at the moment. Only 4 gig. Need to upgrade to some more when I get around to it. But, I also don't have all the add on stuff enabled on my machine. Just what I need.

In general, when your browser is running slow, there's a lot of hidden crap causing problems. I have to go to my neighbors a few times a year to help them clean things out. I show them what I do, and have tried to teach them, but, Eh, You know.