Succulent Pots

Jeff Bower

My daughter is finishing up grade school this week and she asked me to make some gifts for all of her teachers. I finally got all the little bowls turned yesterday morning and then she helped me plant the succulents and add the pea gravel. I've made quite a few of these this spring for gifts and others have bought a few to give as gifts. Makes good use of a bowl that the interior finish isn't quite right too. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_102403.jpg
    IMG_20160530_102403.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 43
Thanks guys...I've made a little spot for her in the shop, she mostly has been drilling holes and driving screws. She has used the bandsaw, drill press and some hand tools, but so far she won't step up to the lathe to turn anything. Hoping to change that this summer. :)

You the best Dad. Period. Thats such a cool idea. The teachers i know will love those gifts beats the sweets or commercial junk. Think i might try out that idea with a bowl of mine. Seems a waste to have an empty bowl. Well done Jeff.

Thanks again guys! :thumb: They are being delivered today...we're also giving the principal a pen turned by my dad. I have never made a pen, but just got everything I need to make some a few weeks ago. Just ran out of time before the school year was over.