FRIDAY !

What a week! First Frank and then Tom. My mind reels and my heart aches. Puts my little world into perspective for sure. This weekend is much like my regular weekend. Tonight a gathering for a departing colleague who is moving to NYC. Tomorrow the CNC cabinet. Sunday the day job.

BTW, I entered a new medical regime to improve my walking which had become very painfully with each step. The mind is an amazing thing and can be trained to block an incredible amount of pain, but there are limits and I had reached them. Prognoses was an eventual wheelchair. Whoa! Not my style at all. Three treatments thus far and some improvement so I am hopeful. Also, hopefully my septic system application makes it out of the county health department so the variance request can move forward. A turtle is Speedy Gonzales by comparison! The race is on. Can I get a house built before I need a nursing home instead?

So soggy here from the rains, feel like corn flakes that have been sitting in milk for hours. Mushy. Flash flood warnings everywhere. Shop is an open front 3 car garage, so nothing happening in there today, or tomorrow for that matter. Carol, hope all goes well with your ordeal. And, ordeal is certainly the right word it seems. My back, left hip and knee are still giving me some fits so just more recuperation time, I suppose. Though I am bored to tears. Sunday is supposed to start clearing up so who knows what will happen.

Tonight I'll be working on he toddler rail, mowing tomorrow morning, then hanging with the grandson the rest of the weekend. We may take a trip out to the lake to visit with my sister sometime.

I'm taking a short break from mowing, then will get that done along with a bit more yard work.

Saturday will be some shop time and more design time on some name signs for grandkid's rooms. I have two racks of pork spare ribs to put on my smoker for dinner!

Sunday, I'll prepare brunch, then settle in for the NASCAR Cup race at Pocono.

Well, I sure picked the right weekend to try and get the new pool installed. Going to be in the upper 90'S.

At this point, Looking at the boxes and everything I kind of had an 'What did I get myself into' kind of moment, but I'll just take it one step at a time and pace myself and stay hydrated.

It will be worth it when it is done!

as usual, nothing different than any other day of the week, like I said, everyday is Friday to me now that Im retired.

Have to spend an hour or so moving the cutting boards along, only so much I can do each day with glueups.

going out to a pub for dinner tomorrow night with old friends. Other than that, just a typical couple of days here for me.

Tonight my pool league team is playing in the city tournament. (We placed 1st in 8-ball and 2nd in 9-ball in the regional tourney a couple of weeks ago.) If we win tonight (in either or both categories), we'll be spending more of the weekend working our way up the bracket. I we do well in the city tournament, then it's off to the state tournament, then nationals in Las Vegas. Because of the uncertainty of this weekend's schedule, I don't have any other firm plans, although I'm hoping to be free Saturday night for a dinner meet-up with a FW member who's in town visiting.

Vaughn my brother and I had a team years ago and won the county tournament , we went to state and were in the finials I told my broth we can not win this thing , he looked at me and said I know. I don't have the money either. Still , got a nice lil county trophy LOL