It's Friday

oh, that day of the week again.

dinner with all the kiddies tonight, I think we are celebrating my daughters boyfriend graduated from whatever schooling he was going through, so hes done with his electricians training, now he can earn the big bucks in the union.

other than that, I have the same plans as I do for every other day of the week, only difference is tomorrow and sunday elen is included.

An endless list of farm and yard work lies before me. Then, I need to build a little towel bar type of item on which pairs of bobbin lace bobbins and thread can be arranged. Shop's been idle for so long it's going to take some organizing just to get started. I might use a bit of long-hoarded apple wood.

It's gonna be hot here this weekend, so I already got my lawn mowed and the rogue weeds sprayed this morning. I've still got a bit of thinning and non-spray weeding to do in the veggie garden sometime this weekend.

Tonight the band is playing at the Dragonhorn Tavern, one of our monthly stops. It's a little hole in the wall pub that's only a mile or so from the house, but we always have a fun time playing there. This will be my office tonight:

The Office 2 - 800.jpg

There'll be one more Stratocaster in the rack this evening. Here's the relatively new (to me) Strat...can't have too many purple guitars, if you ask me. :D I've used this one at a couple of gigs so far, but I think I've finally got it set up to my liking now. I'll know better after the show tonight.

Purple Strat 02 - 800.jpg

Saturday I'm planning to go to the little chile store where my wife works to see if I can help them get some computer problems sorted out.

Sunday, LOML and I are going to take a drive just to get out of the house (and out of town). I think we'll head up to the Jemez mountains, about an hour from here. Kian has never been up there, and I think we could both use some mountain stream therapy. :thumb:

I have a solo weekend, so who knows how much trouble I might get into. LOML and the neighbor lady drove up to see my MIL and to pick up an antique Edison record player - another one!

I did a little yard work this morning and am just staying out of the heat now.

Saturday, I'll do shop time starting to prep an old sewing machine cabinet for finish. Remember the yellow thing???

Sunday will be solo brunch - not sure how I'll deal with that! The rest of the day will be watching the race and some golf.

An endless list of farm and yard work lies before me. Then, I need to build a little towel bar type of item on which pairs of bobbin lace bobbins and thread can be arranged. Shop's been idle for so long it's going to take some organizing just to get started. I might use a bit of long-hoarded apple wood.

if youre stumbling over lumber or chunks of wood that are just in your way, ya know when you drive down to NH in august, just throw it in the back of the car and Ill dispose of them it for you.
just sayin.

Friday evening spent at the park. City have food trucks in and a small town get together is in order. Music and various good food. Good family fun .
Tomorrow mowing early the on to Ben's BBQ eatery for fathers day early celebration with family. As it's getting a mite warm outside hibernation inside Sunday after church. A pleasant and safe weekend to all.
David

Bought a new kitchen sink and faucet yesterday and installed it today. As usual a simple 2 hour job ends up being 8 plus hours:(:bang:. Murphy is alive and well at my house.

Have to cut my lawn plus the churches on Saturday, host a birthday party fro one of my grand daughters, and find a few minutes to watch the COPA cup. Sunday is church, finish installing the pew card holders in the balcony, and find a few more minutes to watch the COPA cup.

Spent all day Friday tractor mowing again. AWK! Hot and humid. Not overly hot, though. I think the high was 95 which is not too bad. But adding that 45% humidity did not help anything. At least there was a decent breeze blowing most of the time. Took my breaks under a stand of large cottonwoods which is nice. Today is go slow day and recuperate a bit more. All I know for sure is I was too tired yesterday so today going to go get my ration of tamales! The rest of time will take care of itself. Cute pooch, Carol.

Friday I spent with our grandson mostly, he's headed to his Dad's for a week today for his summer visit. I'll pick him up next sunday night, then he and Mom will be moving to their own place that next week. Today I'm planning to get some yard work done, trimming shrubs and hauling off the brush. I may pickup some gravel for the end of the driveway as it's washed out down there. I need to spend some time this week/weekend getting the toddler rail finished up and ready to move. I'll also be cleaning up the metal parts on my T53 project and re-bluing them to get it re-assembled. Other than all that, it's in the 90's here, so some pool time is in order.

Ok I've had enough of the shop this morning,. Shelly has the dogs and it's time for a ride. Think I'll head up to my son Jon's place and watch his father in-law put a new deck on the front of his house. Probably get roped into helping where I can.

I was a nice ride , help dig the footers for the new front porch and then took he father and Jon, Kira and Skylar out to lunch. I hope to have time to go back up tomorrow and help with the build.

Last edited: