Howdy all! Long time, no see.

John Pollman

Hi all!

Long time, no see/talk. Just thought I'd drop in and see what's been going on and update what's been up with me. After an almost year long search, I finally found a job. It's not much, but it's a paycheck. I've been working three or four days a week in the box office at the Emagine Theater about ten minutes from home. I started on March 01, and things are going pretty well. At this point, it's minimum wage, but a small paycheck is better than no paycheck. Heck, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. One benefit is all the free movies I can watch! :)

A few months ago, things were going downhill fairly fast and I really felt that a wheelchair wasn't far off. I was having a very hard time getting around. I had to use a walker to get around anywhere, and back in December, I got a set of full leg braces that I had to wear in order to walk safely. I wore the braces for two and a half months, and they really helped. I had planned on wearing them at work, because I work eight hour shifts and I stand for almost all of it. But after 2-1/2 months of wearing the braces, I felt pretty good and decided to try to work without them. I'm happy to say that I haven't worn my braces in over three months! I'm getting around very well and haven't even used my walker in over two months! I started wearing a Fitbit a couple months ago. I average about 2-1/4 miles per day! I have walked as much as 3.6 miles in one day. That may not seem like much to some, but for someone who was facing a full time wheelchair just a few months ago, it's pretty good!

I'm feeling MUCH better now than I was a few months ago. Both physically and mentally. I was at a VERY low point back in December and didn't know what I was going to do. But I decided to suck it up and fight this damn disease and give it all I've got. I'm very happy to announce that it's working. I will NOT give in to this horrible disease!

Hope all is going well for the rest of you out there.

Glad to hear you are making such great progress! Mind over matter is a wonderful thing. Keep it up! Hope you continue on the great path you chose and keep getting even better! :thumb:

It's good that you are back on your feet and working again. It must have been very difficult to be out of work and laid up. A few years ago I was off work for a lengthy time and it was very frustrating not being able to find work.