Am I Worried

william watts

:eek: Ain't skeered. Received a call from The Internal Revenue Services they are instigating a lawsuit against me, just hang up if you get one, that's what I did. This was from area code 213 it's a known scam. Sales pitches, contests, politics, and scams seems like the phone is not worth much anymore.

Bill

Our landline answering machine handles all of our calls, unless we recognize the number. We don't even turn on our cell phone unless we're on the road and need to make a call.

Telemarketers get plenty of opportunity with me.

I figure I average somewhere 1 to 2 seconds then just hang up.

If they can get an appealing message in that time frame, they have my attention.

So far - me 100% - telemarketers 0%

Got rid of the land line 5yrs ago...got a few campaign calls few months back during the caucus/primary season, but don't get much otherwise.

On another note...I think I may have some BIG money coming to me via a new friend from Nigeria. Got an email from him stating so anyway....:D

We use the 3 second rule, no response in 3 seconds, hang up. These intrusions are encouraged by big phone company's because they drive customers to cell phones with data plans, if big phone didn't want them they wouldn't be there. They would eliminated by legal or technical means. How's that for wild conspiracy theory speculation?

Bill

I have an old yahoo email address that gets used for when I have to give an email. We have a google voice number that is used for anyone that isn't family. The number comes to my cell phone, but I don't answer numbers that don't have a name and after the 2n'd or so call without leaving a message they get blocked, which it lets you do. You can also do call screening where they get the answering machine, but you can listen in and interrupt if you choose to.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the IRS actually files a lawsuit against you in a civil court to start with. They call and say show up for an audit. If you don't, then they just start putting liens on your stuff, freeze your bank accounts, and other nice things. Then they call and ask if you have changed your mind about showing up for the audit. If you don't show up then, I think enforcement agents show up and take you to jail. At least that's what one guy told me that it happened to. He decided it was easier to pay his taxes on time than go through that again.

:eek: Ain't skeered. Received a call from The Internal Revenue Services they are instigating a lawsuit against me, just hang up if you get one, that's what I did. This was from area code 213 it's a known scam. Sales pitches, contests, politics, and scams seems like the phone is not worth much anymore.

Bill

I was getting that one ALL The time for a while.

I aint skeered of them neether.

Got the same IRS call about 10 min ago.

Funny - I got that call today. I listened for hmmm - maybe 5 seconds.

Man, we sure have a lot of scofflaws around here. :rolleyes: :rofl:

That scam is popular in Canada, too. There was an article on the news about a woman who was ordered to purchase $12,000 in gift cards from various retailers and give the numbers to the scammers. I don't know how she could have thought Canada Revenue Agency would ask anyone to do that, but she did, and she's not the only one. :rolleyes:

All said is correct. We went to cell only a few years ago and never looked back. IRS does not call, you will get tons of mail from them before they take any action. Only telemarketers I am getting now is from auto warranty companies. I actually called them for info once and now they have my number. I hang up in a New Yark minit when they call.

Caller ID don't recognize number don't answer. You would think they would get tired of no answer but hasn't happened. Also notice they don't
stay on long enough to answering machine to pick up. Just call to waste my precious time. Nephew answers phone and when asked for donation he says let me get credit card lays phone down and walks away. He doesn't know how long they wait. Don't want my phone tied up that long.

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Canada day

Great safe day to all

David

Last edited: