looking for a cure?

larry merlau

well i red that darren had a cold in the summer time and few others had some ailments goingon this summer. well i thought i was doing ok but when tom came over i realized i had caught a very bad disease. i have been very busy with outside work and only been in the shop to rip some lumber for window jambs some time back. the shop looks cluttered and out of place items everywhere and the smell of stale air as well.. but the real symptom showed up when tom asked about a router he heard i had and i couldnt find it!!!! we both looked for some time and this was before we had a cold drink.. i have got this disease so bad that i didnt even get real excited over the loss of it?? but later with toms persistence we did find it.. but the shop is still setting idle and the truck keeps getting more miles and the tool boxes are keeping them in some order for the next job.. maybe come winter things will slow down and i can re introduce myself to the shop.. havnt even bought a fishun licence yet!:(

Oh the problems of perpetually popping up priorities.

Everytime I think I can get a little shop time in, something else pops up to take priority over what I really want to do.

Well i dont have it 😊. I have been getting ahead in getting my new shop setup and boy , i cant begin to descibe what great medicine it is.
Yeah there is work but man needs some playtime too.

Sounds familiar to me, I have not made any wooddust for about 4 months, when Mohammad came over I had been idle for about 2 months. Shop is tidy but my soul is empty and tired. I have to decide what to do when we go to our in-laws so I don't die of boredom.

There is no cure as far as I know, every year seems to take longer to do less.

Maybe Ted's right, time to get that fishing license, at least then you know you're wasting time :D

No shop time just ain't right, Bud!!! On the other hand, I suppose it's good to be busy!

Sure wish I could come commiserate with you over a cold one...or three..........

I haven't done anything in the shop for over a month. Summer lethargy, I guess. I have been doing yardwork, though, but with the drought, even that is slowing down a lot.

We all need a break from every activity to be revitalized, even from activities we love. So put away the wet noodle and quit beating yourself up. You are taking a sabbatical to come back even more creative, innovative, encouraged, and empowered! Enjoy, as Jim would say. The shop will still be there when you are ready. First, let there be peace within you.

even this wknd got disrupted with future work calls, went there on sat and now i have to go there again today to get final instructions or choices.. did get some stuff done for me the last two days in the woods

Sometimes the peace and quite comes to you. Between the head cold, then the mower going to the dealer for repairs, and the daughter picking up extra shifts, been spending time showing my little helper how to fix things and he's been showing me how to slow down and enjoy. ;)

Been playing a lot of golf lately. Real wood work cut way back.

Larry maybe you should make a full size wagon as shown below to haul your stuff around in.

Still doing laser stuff.

Here are some circus wagon parts I am cutting out for a friend who makes miniature wood stuff.

Note the 3 wagon sizes there. He will be making the back and hinged top using finger joints with a very small pin for the hinge. The small wagon is about 0.5 inches wide.
circus44.jpg