FRIDAY !

So another HOT ! day in the shop 2 ceiling fans going and my new 49" fan plus the ol heavy duty explosion proof fan so the air is moving.

Tomorrow Gettysburg bike week. Riding up with our group this will be my 1st ride with the group this year. Been way to busy between work and turkey season.

Sunday make a trip to visit the grandbabby.

Yes, it's gonna be another hot one today, tomorrow and . . . It be summer. Took yesterday off and saw the new Independence Day movie and we loved it. Today is mainly roughing out more stock bowls and getting them in the kiln. Probably could just sit them outside on a table and let them air dry as hot as it's gonna be. Still have custom orders to fill so more on those. Just more turning, and then more turn which I find quite fun even mange to make a buck or two from it.

Friday again?? How time flies when you're having fun. After the storms the past couple days yard clean up time. Nothing serious thank God.
The rain was welcome as we were getting dry. Don't need the flooding just gentle shoers to make the grass grow.
Prayers for peace and calm in these hectic times. Everyone have a serene weekend.
David

The girl is staying at the MILs tonight for a birthday spendover, she turns 11 next week!! :eek: The wife and I will take advantage of being childless and go see some live music for a while and then over to some friends for some food and drink. Saturday we will be hitting at least 1 county fair, maybe 2 or 3 that are this weekend. Weather is cooling off a bit and the humidity is blowing away for the weekend too! Sunday will probably be spent trying to figure out how to get the siding on the garage finished up.

LOML and I started our Friday with a little yard work. She picked up some branches that were blown out of the pine trees recently. I mixed up Weed-B-Gon and sprayed some areas to drive back some persistent weeds in our lawn. I trimmed and mowed yesterday as is my normal routine. I'm in my shop now deciding what materials to use for some grandkids name plaques.

Saturday will be some shop time working the name plaques in the morning, then go back inside to beat the heat in the afternoon. NASCAR Cup at Kentucky Saturday night.

Sunday should be a lazy day starting with me preparing brunch as usual. After that, watch the Wimbledon finals.

Spending tonight with the grandson before he goes to his dad for a week. I got the mower back from the dealer yesterday and got the yard mowed, so that freed up some of my weekend. Planning to get back to working on the laundry room and getting water and drain lines moved for the washer and adding some sink hook ups. Maybe starting some clean-up of the garage, but will depend on the weather.

Making headway on the CNC cabinet. Got some more plumbing on it done yesterday. Have to pick up a few more parts today, and order some fittings. This afternoon I will begin some wiring on it. Tomorrow, some work on the tractor project since I should be waiting on parts for the CNC. In between and Sunday is the day job, of course. Very busy time the next two weeks, so probably will not get back to these things for a bit.

Also, I rehabbed a small bench top table saw some time ago and dedicated it to the I-Box jig. Now I need to cut some plywood so I need a fence. I want to make two drawers for the CNC cabinet. Got a clamp from Harbor Freight and will pick up some odds and ends and see what we get. Will be so glad when I can get back to my real tools still stored away. No table saw at the lab yet. He will get a SawStop when he develops further. We have a big panel saw and a SCMS, but they only go so far.

Friday again?? How time flies when you're having fun. After the storms the past couple days yard clean up time. Nothing serious thank God.
The rain was welcome as we were getting dry. Don't need the flooding just gentle shoers to make the grass grow.
Prayers for peace and calm in these hectic times. Everyone have a serene weekend.
David

Yep gotta spend some time picking up limbs out of my yard too... we had a wind last night that knocked a few down... the maple tree next to the drive way is a double trunk and the way it was swaying and twisting in the wind expected it to split any minute... and we have a line of Bradford's along side the property line... expected to hear one of them snap too...

Well, Was planning on installing a hot tub this weekend. It arrived yesterday, but can you believe they actually shipped the wrong model? Yep, Something that big and expensive and it needs to go back. Talk about disappointing.

Well, Going to smoke a brisket for a little pool party tomorrow. Am going to spend some time designing and planning out the deck for said pool.

Maybe a little shop time if I'm lucky.

This is gonna be a guitar weekend for sure. We're playing a show tonight at the Dragonhorn Tavern, one of our favorite little neighborhood bars (about a mile from the house). Saturday evening we're playing at a private party at a ranch in the North Valley of Albuquerque. And Sunday afternoon is my first rehearsal with a new band with some other friends of mine. And in my spare time this weekend I need to be practicing songs ahead of the Sunday rehearsal.

Somewhere in the middle of all that I'll do the usual weekly yard work...mowing, edging, weeding, and watering. :)

my son decided to pick the worst as far as weather, hot sticky, unbearable humidity, yesterday for me to deliver and install his cabinet.
then off to HD to pick up some railings for sunday installation.

so today, after my walk in this ridiculous humidity, and heat, I had to turn the AC on in the shop. Had nothing to do, so I decided to take some of the unuseable lumber, and tried to remember a little piece of art? I saw in a gallery near one of the seashore villages, maybe mystic? don't remember. but I had it in my head stored away, no pictures though.
Im not taking credit for it, it isn't my idea, Im just copying something I saw, its a neat 3-4 hour project, but what do I know, not sure if its art or just kindling.

I took a piece of what I believe is hickory, all knotty with holes, cracks, useless piece of wood(I got it for free)
didn't plane it, nothing but jointed some glueing edges.figured leaving it unplanned and rough, makes it look a bit more weathered, the look I was going for.

then I took some small chunks of that 12/4 pine I use for the reindeer, have a lot of small pieces I cant use, not sure why I save them, but it came in handy. Drew a little fishy, cut the shape on the bandsaw, then cut slices. no sanding, no trimming up, just raw however it comes out.

if no one wants it, it goes in firepit.

I painted eyes on the fish, Ill take a picture tomorrow, and will spray paint some shades of blue, and white and glue the fishys to the board to make it look like a school of fish, that's it. simple, and I remember a pretty price on what I saw in the gallery, ofcourse mine wont turn out anywhere near what I saw, but I needed something to do today. How many cutting boards or Adirondack chairs can one man make?
some beginning pics, it will be completed by tomorrow, will show completed tomorrow.

I know its nothing to look at right now, so hold back critique till tomorrow at least, then you can bash it. Im no artist, no one will hurt my feelings.

Attachments

• fish 004.jpg
    fish 004.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 25
  • fish 002.jpg
    fish 002.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 26
I know I wouldn't pay any money for this, but maybe Ill get lucky and one of my friends with a nautical theme in their basement or den will hang it up to make me feel good. If not,(knot), Im sure hickory burns well.
might put a bit of heavy rope, nautical rope? around the edge as a frame, attaching a wood cleat so no money has to be spent to get a hanger/z clip

Attachments

• schooloffish 003.jpg
    schooloffish 003.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 21
  • schooloffish 001.jpg
    schooloffish 001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 21
Ill go glue up all the short wider planks of junk I have, turn a vase, and take the branches on the ground, using a draw knife, make flowers, spray paint them colors, another no cost project, just to keep me out of trouble.