It's Friday

Great weather this weekend, Jarrod and I are preparing 50 pounds of venison burger for the big party on the Potomac at an Old Mill.
Sunday August family members BD party.
Shop is packed once again with work.

Going back to physical therapy today for my left knee. This way it gets twisted and bent in ways that make it hurt. More than it already does. My My. Saturday it's back to turning. Got lots to get done over the next two months. Need to get done about another 40 pieces of all kinds by then. More if I can. If not, then I can't and get done what I can. That'll have to be good enough.

Some farm work, some yard work, a little culinary road trip with my wife tomorrow. Maybe the Star Trek movie Sunday night.
Trying to knock some big jobs off the list before a little trip to New England in a couple of weeks :thumb:

May be an interesting day today. Had my laptop refurbished - double the existing RAM, new battery and new hard drive, along with a general cleaning. Gi=to a clean install of the OS, so today will be reinstalling my desired software and document files. They are backed up in two places, so we will see how all that goes for this non-techno geek. Tomorrow back at the lab for a myriad of tasks, SUnday the day job. Been knocking off tasks to prepare for a lobster dinner (or 2) in New England in a couple of weeks. Also plan to be traveling around Lake Michigan with a friend after the gathering. Might be able to see a few folk to say 'howdy' along the way. We begin in Grand Rapids. Known stops thus far are in NW IN, Chicago, Sheboygan, WI and the UP. Then back to GR for the flight home on the 31st. A real vacation. Been a long time.

Started with mowing this morning. Afternoon will involve packing the SUV in preparation to head to Gulf Shores, AL for a family gathering at the beach. We'll be there for a week - all 12 of us in one house - thankfully a very large beach house.

So, no shop time this weekend!

Saturday will be a combination of house and yard chores, with some guitar practice thrown in for good measure. I also need to see if I can figure out why my guitar synthesizer failed to work at our last show.

Sunday I'll be attending an all-day firearms class with LOML. I've already done the class, but it'll all be new stuff for her. I'm just tagging along to monitor the class and refresh my own knowledge.

Lots of yard work for me. Neglected while family was visiting. Also building a backstop for target practice in anticipation of the arrival of the new pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air rifle in .25 cal. Wascally wabbits look out!

Saturday morning driving courtesy bus for Vietnamese gathering. Every year a celebration is held here in Carthage Mo of Vietnamese to commerate the boat people. Town of 15000 hosts 50000 to 60000 visitors. They camp in tents at a Catholic seminary. Also all the motels in the area. It is an amazing spectacle. Very nice guests. 11:00pm you cannot believe how quiet the crowd gets. It is a Catholic celebration, family reunion, renew old friendships, and mating rituals.
Or church bus runs routes from campus to Wally World and local motels. The people appreciate the service and are quite polite. I appreciate how polite and respectful they are to each other and there elders. The youngsters have very good manners and comportment.
Fun time in the old time. It lasts for Wednesday to Sunday. When they leave the camp grounds are spotless. As family we go over and try the cuisine at the tent restaurants. Something different. I prefer mexican food.
Have a good week end to all.
David

This Friday was a success! The laptop lives again. New harddrive, new battery and double the RAM. A clean install, so no junk and onyl the programs I am currently using - all working tonight!

All in all, a good day, albeit way beyond my pay grade. Sometimes you just gotta go for it, just to prove you can.