My daughter requests a new bedroom suite

Jim Hager

My daughter and her hubby are wanting Dad to build them a new bedroom suite. I'm on the lookout for plans or concepts of bedroom furniture. If you have done a bedroom suite I'd like to see it. I'm just in the process of gathering ideas to work from.
bedroomsuite.jpg

I did this one a few years back but I want something a bit different for them. Show me yours, please.:type: :huh:

Errrr, no guidance / preferences at all from your "customers"? :huh:

Do they have a large bedroom? Then you can consider things like a pencilpost bed, or sleigh bed. If it is a smaller bedroom then you might consider a bed w/out a footboard.

Personally, I like a taller bed. Just like the way it looks.

Jim, I haven't built a bedroom set but I wanted to say what a beautiful job you did on the one pictured. I'm sure whatever you decide on will be equally as beautiful.

I received the same request from my younger daughter. Fortunately she is partial to A&C and likes the suite published by WOOD over the last couple of years. Fortunately because I already have all the plans sitting on my book shelves!

Them's really nice, I especially like the first one. What is that material you have used? What's the texture on the panels inside the frames??

jim, that bed was cherry with curly cherry veneer on the panels.....they`re flat as a pancake just look 3-d......the headboard is 7`-6" tall and weighs close to 350# the bed sits on 4 legs with no metal frame, 3x8 cherry side rails with mortised in place maple support slats.....a fun project! tod

Todd mentions the weight of his head board. It's amazing how much real wood bed frames weigh. When I build the bed above I couldn't get over how hard it was to maneuver(sp?) the head and foot boards. With just me in the shop I had to get creative when moving the parts around.

jim, that bed was cherry with curly cherry veneer on the panels.....they`re flat as a pancake just look 3-d......the headboard is 7`-6" tall and weighs close to 350# the bed sits on 4 legs with no metal frame, 3x8 cherry side rails with mortised in place maple support slats.....a fun project! tod
Tod,
Looks like a fun one with satisfying results. Nice job.
Shaz