Worn cabinet doors under the handles

Garry Foster

I have some cabinet doors that are really worn under the pulls. So woren stain won't help much. They are fake cherry with pretty nice hardware. Has anyone ever made a plate to put under something like this. Just trying to put a Sunday shirt on this old house to sell.

The two most used doors look pretty bad. Have looked for replacement hardware but no luck.

Garry

What about making some cherry back plates, shaped similar to the Van Dyke's version? Make them maybe 1/8" thick, with rounded over edges, and they should blend in nicely with the cherry cabinets.

Years ago, when I worked in a hardware store, there used to be some backplates with some pulls. I think they went out of style, in part because of some of the new finished of pulls. (brushed, polished, different metals, plastic, etc)
So you could possibly make some (depending on your finish), but it might make it look dated, without any real benefit.

The back plates were my first thought but most are about 1/8 or so to narrow. I actually thought of the wood plates, however time and patience are the big problem with that. Oh and matching the finish! I am leaning towards just leaving and hoping I can find a buyer like me that can look past smaller issues. Basically when I get out of this place I just want it sold. I am wishing now I would have listed it before we started moving and of it would have sold it woud have accelerated the move.

Thanks for the responses...
Garry