Holiday workout signs, for wine lovers

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
A friend asked for a couple of these quite some time ago, but haven't had the time or opportunity to work on them between grandson watching and summer heat. I was able to knock them out on Saturday.

I used a couple of the prefinished award plaques I bought at auction a while back. I waxed them with paste wax first before applying the avery paint mask, then routed them on the cnc
2016-08-13 12.08.48.jpg

Some rattle can red applied.
2016-08-13 12.14.22.jpg

After 2 hours of drying, I pealed the mask off. I had a couple of spots that the mask was bubbled, but luckily with the initial coat of wax, the sloppy parts cleaned right off with the scrape of a thumb nail.
2016-08-13 12.39.57.jpg

One of the finished signs...
2016-08-13 12.45.39.jpg

Now there is a sign that in my view qualifies for my first "Like" button tap. lol.

If Dan knocks these out for his craft show it will be a winner.
Need a version that would be suitable for beer drinkers although there is an opener on in the head of that wine opener.
Sadly depending on how you view it, corks are on the way out i came to observe for a bottle of wine i purchased specially for Larrys visit. Did not notice it in store it was always a really good wine from where i came from and now well lost something that was always part of enjoying it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

As someone who reads left to right, it looks like the point of the exercise is to put the cork in the bottle ... :huh:

That's what I thought at first also but then I realized that's how that style of opener works to extract the cork. Once the opener is in the far right position you would push down on the levers to revert back to the far left position to extract the cork.