Totally Unnecessary Upgrade.....

Stuart Ablett

Ok quite a while ago I got these two Dell monitors from a friend of a friend who was leaving Japan, OK it was December of 2013, yeah I move a bit slow sometimes LOL.

Anyway I have been using the 24" monitor for a while in the Dungeon, but I never did get around to using the 30" monitor in the Liquor shop, we ended up using the existing monitor we had, it was just simpler.

My wife was having a friend over for dinner on Sunday and she suggested that I might want to move "That Monitor" or it could go missing... :eek:

OK I brought it down to the Dungeon, but to use it I had to modify the existing cabinet above the computer area, and I ended up ordering two gas strut wall mounted arms.

This is what I have now....

IMG_1693.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

Right now when I try to push the second monitor away it is kind of in the way of the sharpening station, but when the new wall mounts come I should be able to solve that.

I have to say that the 24" monitor was nice, but man is this Dell 3007WFP-HC LCD Monitor (30-inch, 2560x1600) a step even above that.

It came out 10 years ago, and was about $2200 new :eek: back then, but it still works great, looks great and it totally unnecessary for the Dungeon :thumb:

Cheers!

Totally like it. :thumb: Probably would make some nice digital signage at the store too. They've changed out all of our old boards here at work to digital and pretty much run a web based slide shows on them, even our menus in the cafe.

Totally like it. :thumb: Probably would make some nice digital signage at the store too. They've changed out all of our old boards here at work to digital and pretty much run a web based slide shows on them, even our menus in the cafe.
Actually the signage at our shop is fairly tightly controlled by the tobacco companies, they pay us a lot of money to have said control, so I'm not very worried about it. They are legally not allowed to advertise anywhere except the point of sale, so the various companies battle over who gets what, and they pay us to allow them to renovate our shop, which includes the signage outside and inside the shop.

Looks like a really good upgrade.
Thanks I like it.

That extra resolution is really quite handy. Now how will they ever pry you out of the dungeon!

Yeah at first I was kind of not sure, but now, yeah, really nice to have the second monitor, so much easier even to edit things like these posts, I can have a text editor open on the side screen and just cut and paste links etc.

I got the Amazon Basics gas strut monitor arms in the mail and I put one of them in.

IMG_1721.JPG

So it is basically the same as the other arm, but this one is so much more flexible.

IMG_1722.JPG

If I want I can turn it to a long portrait orientation

IMG_1723.JPG

I can raise it up a bit

IMG_1724.JPG

And when I'm using the sharpening station I can push it up and away.

IMG_1725.JPG

These units are really nice mostly solid cast aluminium the finish is not perfect, but they were a LOT cheaper than anything else I looked at ($99 each plus shipping) and they seem to function just fine.

Now I have to move my computer to the shelf above the monitor beside the white storage unit I built and then move the rest of everything around so I can mount the second arm to hold the larger monitor.

Cheers!