Cool Stuff came in the mail

Leo i got the same pump also used off ebay but guy selling them reconditions them.
Aside from working on my tractor, i have got my vacuum pump project on my workbench at present being worked on, sadly only have one pair of hands.

So was this a typo or did i understand correctly that your pump does NOT work.
If so sure that ebay guy will see you right.

Leo i got the same pump also used off ebay but guy selling them reconditions them.
Aside from working on my tractor, i have got my vacuum pump project on my workbench at present being worked on, sadly only have one pair of hands.

So was this a typo or did i understand correctly that your pump does NOT work.
If so sure that ebay guy will see you right.

motor buzzes but does not spin

Cool youve got spare parts now. He would have put new filters into the old one make sure to save them.
Perhaps its repairable when time permits. Not sure on the motor config on these have to check.

The back end of the motor got mashed. The end cover is cracked and the outer case of the motor is bent. I think the armature got pushed against the field and is jammed. I might try to fix it. Maybe I can find another motor, but I believe there are clearances in the pump that may get compromised if I do change the motor. It's a 110v 1/3 hp motor.

The filters looked like at least close to new. I am guessing the vanes are in good condition.

So - yes good parts.

The new order is the same 523 series Gast but slightly smaller motor 1/4 hp 220v.