Had the best weekend in the shop in a long time.

Rob Keeble

Well i hope you all have had a great long weekend.

I have had a blast. Not woodworking but working on my kubota tractor.

I never really understood what folks got out of working on these things, but now i do.
Never wanted the repairs to turn this machine into a project but tell me how one over looks something you know you can leave in a better shape with a bit of elbow grease. :)

So i discovered another leak and boy this repairing the tractor sure has taught me a great deal. Especially about hydraulics. Overhauled the power steering cylinder and was lucky enough to find a place locally that sells the seals. So now no more leaks.
While i had the cylinder off and apart , i said aw heck rob it needs a paint job. But not like me to just spray over the old. So wire brushed it down to the steel , rattle can rustoleum primer then black enamel and i reckon most will think its new. Lol

But this started something and ..well one thing has led to the next.

Today i hauled out my desktop sandblasting cabinet and went to town on a piece i could not clean up with wire brush.
Must say i really had a "duh rob" moment. I hooked up my small sears vac and it sucked so hard that the one glove got sucked off. So i turned vac off thinking today had to be a Larry the Cable Guy day , and come hell or high water i was going to " just get er done".

Then something spoke to me when i was man handling it and i saw a inlet vent on the rear.
Now this really had me puzzled as to why the vacuum was not finding air.

Popped the cover off and what do you know underneath a cotton filter was a plastic bung type plug. Lol suffice to say once that was out i could see again while sandblasting.

Man i enjoyed myself bring able to just get on with a job for a change

Only thing is this "project" is now going to take that much longer.

Rob just couscous, how many YouTube vid's have you watched. they take more time to watch how to then to do the work,

Sometimes they do, but it's nice to see what you're getting into. I had to add some freon to my truck the other day. Was trying to get it done before I left for work. After 20 minutes of searching, I couldn't find the low pressure valve to connect to. I finally had to youtube it and found it was behind a bracket on the back of the firewall that had to be unbolted to get to it. Needless to say, I went without the AC until that night when I had more time to deal with it. Took me about 10 minutes after watching the video to see where the recommended route for the hose was, otherwise I'd have been fighting it for 2 hours not removing that bracket.

Rob just couscous, how many YouTube vid's have you watched. they take more time to watch how to then to do the work,
Dave , have you been on the sauce? I never mentioned you tube in my post.
What the heck have they got to do with what i posted?

Someone help me understand the connection.

I spent the weekend in my shop not watching you tube.

Dave , have you been on the sauce? I never mentioned you tube in my post.
What the heck have they got to do with what i posted?

Someone help me understand the connection.

I spent the weekend in my shop not watching you tube.

After starting my work life as a mechanic and spending several years as such, I am sure that I don't like it.

Watching a few you tube vids can minimize the time by seeing and rehearsing it in my mind.

After getting the dirty work done I can move on to the fun stuff in the shop

Ahhhhh - the power of YouTube