Will this work ??

Yes. The CFM rating is just a time factor. More important is how well it holds the vacuum and for how long. That has more to do with the plumbing you provide to your stabilizing pot. I would love to know what 'draws down to 2 microns' means. Is not a micron a size of a particle? What does that have to do with air, since that is what a vacuum pump draws out? How can that relate to pressure, in the case of vacuum, inches of mercury? Somebody enlighten me?

Micron's are the size of particles. Where these pumps have been sold for, and used for years, is in a/c work. They are used to draw down the system, and check how it holds a vacuum, while pulling contaminants from the system (typically, bits of failed o rings in car systems). That is where the micron rating comes into play, IMHE.

When we used it as a pressure pot it would hold 75 psi for a real long time. I really cant remember so I'll pull it out and check it again. Haven't used it in quite awhile. I think it was at least overnight or longer. We used to cast Alumilite I think.
My son did most of it.

Thanks, Bill. Now that makes more sense. Have downloaded and saved that chart.

So to Bob's question, two issues with the subject pump; one is the pump itself and the other is the motor. The reviews were very positive so maybe this is diamond in the rough at HF. It ought to work in his application.

Pressure is not measured in microns. The word micron on the chart is a sloppy abbreviation for microns of Hg. As Carol pointed out mmHg is correct for pressure, only this unit is 0.001 of a mmHg. Micron may possibly be used for pressure in the field of air conditioning. However, being a unit of length it is only describing the length of the column of mercury it is displacing at 0 C. Hence it is measuring pessure.

All the confusion comes from the abbreviation. I have a buck that says any one measuring the vacuum in AC lines in Microns has forgotten...... the rest of the story.

Does this give you closure? I hope so!