Question on Fixing a roof

1/12 pitch is to flat for shingles brent, and if you have 3 layers on it now, they must all come off, is there anyone near you that is reputable roofer? you dont get much rain but you dont need it coming back into the house which can happen.. when you get the shingles off look at the main house roof area real close, it might not be leaking now but could be getting wet and causing rot at the transition area.. after seeing what you have in pitch i would lean towards steel with mastic now.. like ryan said a transition steel trim piece to go above the steel roofing.. look up a steel roofing supplier and have them come out for a look.. dont deal with a home depot place i mean a real lumber yard or there steel roofing supplier will have a rep that does this for a living.. its like talking to a handyman about build a violin or luthier about it:)

brent here is one place to look at ,, STEEL

Last edited:
look up a steel roofing supplier and have them come out for a look.. dont deal with a home depot place i mean a real lumber yard or there steel roofing supplier will have a rep that does this for a living.. its like talking to a handyman about build a violin or luthier about it:)

brent here is one place to look at ,, STEEL

Thanks Larry!

Ooof, What I thought was going to be a relatively small job (19'x13') is seeming to become a much larger project, LOL. But, that always seems to be the case for me.

one thing on the stripping brent is you could take it off in chunks ,cut threw decking and all with skill saw remove the whole thing then put down 2x4 purlins and the steel. goes quite fast cut in pieces that you can handle with help and dump in dumpster.

That sounds like a pretty smart way to do it Larry. Would sure beat removing all the shingles then the rotted decking.