Awaiting Sentencing - On the Tractor

Dave Hoskins

The 40hp Kubota, which is rather somewhat old (about 20 years) developed a malfunction. Would barely go forward or backward. I don't think it is the hydraulic pump as the front loader, power steering, etc. all worked fine. So, who knows. I don't. Of course the shop is swamped so nothing will happen quickly. Got a white oak tree to go get and it has to be the weapon of choice due to all the trees around. Nothing bigger will work in there. No maneuvering room worth talking about. Oh, well. Guess I'm gonna have to exercise that hard thing to do called patience. AWK!!! I hate patience.

The 40hp Kubota, which is rather somewhat old (about 20 years) developed a malfunction. Would barely go forward or backward. I don't think it is the hydraulic pump as the front loader, power steering, etc. all worked fine. So, who knows. I don't. Of course the shop is swamped so nothing will happen quickly. Got a white oak tree to go get and it has to be the weapon of choice due to all the trees around. Nothing bigger will work in there. No maneuvering room worth talking about. Oh, well. Guess I'm gonna have to exercise that hard thing to do called patience. AWK!!! I hate patience.

Patience? I hate that stuff! :D:D

Seriously though, look for a clogged filter in the hydrostatic drive. It might be a (relatively) cheap DIY fix.

Thanks, Jim. It went through it's annual servicing not 3 months ago, though that don't necessarily mean anything. There are times when I know I need to not mess with it and let a pro do it. But again, you could still very well be right. I'm gonna let them at the shop determine that and make me feel goofy if that's what it is.

Dave even though you letting shop care for it, do a post on Orange tractor talks forum. Good bunch of guys there and they know their tractors. It will at least help keep a handle on the dealers story and costs,

That's a thought, Rob. Luckily the Kubota dealer in Weatherford, Texas is pretty darn good. There is one in Fort Worth I have heard nightmares about. And, that could be why the one in Weatherford is so busy. They fill their lot up with new tractors and in about a month or two they have to fill it again. And, I actually know several of the family members that own it. Know them very well. So, I don't think they scam anybody. I'm not saying that they are inexpensive, but their shop hour prices and all that are posted for all to see upon entrance. But, like my buddy Rusty who's one of the owners said, they don't have to rip folks off because they are too danged busy to fool with it.