Electric Workshop Heater

Jason, you have been in my shop, and you know my winters are colder than yours. I trust your judgement.

Yep - our space is pretty similar - as long as you're insulated, the 7.5kw should do plenty. I keep mine on the lowest setting on the worst days and it can easily keep it over 75 in there on 30 degree days. I have R15 in the walls and ceiling and an R13 garage door. About 450-500sqft.

The thing I love about it over radiator type heaters is that i don't have to maintain a temperature. I can go out there when it's cold, kick the heat on and have the forced air warm ME up before anything else and that helps. Once the slab and all the iron come up to temp, it hardly runs at all - maybe for 2 minutes every 15 ...

You should have no problem :)

I have R13 in the walls and the ceiling has R19. The windows are all low E double pane and quite efficient. The Garage doors are made in Canada where they know about cold.

My floor in winter does not warm up. It's too cold to be barefoot in winter.

I still have my 60,000 BTU propane heater and that will stay for many years.

I just want to minimize the propane usage. I would LOVE to eliminate the propane.

The electric is basically free, so it's a lot cheaper than the propane.

Really wish my garage was insulated. Would be cool to have something like that out there to warm things up.