Almost there

Roger Tulk

I saw the wound doctor today. He stopped my antibiotics, and says he expects the healing will be complete in a week or two. He also told me, to my great reilef, that the small ulcer that had appeared on my big toe has closed up and is no longer an issue. I really diddn't want to go through t his whole miserable process again with another toe. I can walk without pain, and will be able to start getting some walking in, so I'll be able to walk without that cane to support me. My foot looks a bit wierd, with the second and third toes missing. I am certainly going to get myself a pair of open toed sandals for next summer.

It's been a really unwanted and unpleasant six months, so I hope this is the end of these adventures. I imagine the doctor will want some X-rays to confirm that everything really is OK. I'm at least feeling much more positive than I have for some time.

Thank you all for your kind comments and support over the months.

roger you might need to get those sandals custom fit for the one foot with less appendages.. glad your back to walking again cant imagine having to be chair ridin..

Really glad to hear things are healing and coming along...

Instead of the open toe'd sandals, how about a pair of those water socks that has the slots for your toes... you could stuff the empty toes with cotton and no one would know... kinda like women who stuff their bras??? :rofl::rofl:

I joke but we're going through something similar with Dianne... she's diabetic, so healing is slow and her circulation isn't the best... she developed a case of weeping edema on both of her ankles... the left ankle healed up right away, but so far we've been
doing the wound clinic 3 times a week now for about 6 weeks. Between trips, I treat and re-dress the right leg. Our insurance system is a little different from yours, so she only has about 6 more treatments and then we'll have to petition the insurance company for another round if she's not healed... today, the wound nurse thought she might be developing some infection in the ankle... we have an appointment with the doctor next Friday to have that checked... we don't want to wind up with another blood infection that put her in the hospital in 2013 for 6 months.

Didn't mean to be a downer... glad everything is coming along for you.

Really glad to hear things are healing and coming along...

Instead of the open toe'd sandals, how about a pair of those water socks that has the slots for your toes... you could stuff the empty toes with cotton and no one would know... kinda like women who stuff their bras??? :rofl::rofl:

I joke but we're going through something similar with Dianne... she's diabetic, so healing is slow and her circulation isn't the best... she developed a case of weeping edema on both of her ankles... the left ankle healed up right away, but so far we've been
doing the wound clinic 3 times a week now for about 6 weeks. Between trips, I treat and re-dress the right leg. Our insurance system is a little different from yours, so she only has about 6 more treatments and then we'll have to petition the insurance company for another round if she's not healed... today, the wound nurse thought she might be developing some infection in the ankle... we have an appointment with the doctor next Friday to have that checked... we don't want to wind up with another blood infection that put her in the hospital in 2013 for 6 months.

Didn't mean to be a downer... glad everything is coming along for you.

I understand the misery of her condition, and I hope (and pray for) the best for the two of you. Ain't diabetes full of surprises?

As for those socks, I dunno. Maybe I could make some wooden toes to fill in the blanks...