My first exhibit

Hi Guys.

As promised this are the news I told you about. I have been away from the forum due really hectic time at work but also due to having to prepare my first exhibit of both my furniture pieces and my carvings.

I was lucky that the room was big and I hadn't to share it with other people as it is usual among amateur wannabe artists. The exhibit lasted almost three weeks and I must admit that it was well received by the viewers and although I had quite a few serious enquiries about the prices I made no sales. By "serious" I mean people that was really interested in buying not those who only want to find out "how much this guy dares to ask for that".
Some of the pieces you already know but some others are new to you.

Here are some pics.

This is the flyer I made for it.
_MG_0062.jpg
and here you can see some people looking very interested. Some of those were friends but many others were people that that just came in.
_MG_0005.jpg_MG_0031.jpg_MG_0033.jpg_MG_0034.jpg_MG_0039.jpg_MG_0056.jpg_MG_0058.jpg]_MG_9997.jpg

Congrats, Toni! :clap:

And what is this "wannabe artist" stuff? You, sir, are an artist by any measurement of the word. ;) :D

Have you posted photos before of the one in the center of this shot? That piece intrigues me.

attachment.php

Congrats Toni!

My wife and I have had the pleasure of seeing Toni's work up close a few months ago. I can tell you one thing, these picture just didn't do justice to his art work. His work looks at least ten times more beautiful up close. People appreciating Toni's art is well deserved.

Toni, I didn't see the piece that you have been working on. It looks like you haven't been able to finish it in time for the exhibit.

Congratulations Toni, Bravo. For me i have seen the photographs, of the individual pieces, but i got a lot more value from seeing them in perspective with people around.

I second what Vaughn said, and add, drop the wannabe part, if you aint an artist then i figure more than half the art world out there definitely are not either.

Now despite the lack of sale, when have you got the next one planned for? Dont let moss gather under those feet or dust on the pieces.
Keep in mind this is a sales issue, its a numbers game every no brings you closer to the yes. Takes me 129 calls to get an appointment, 40 appointments to get 4 clients and that when i am in closer mode.
So your goods no different, add to that global economy, economic conditions in Spain and hey there are lots of reasons why no sales that have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of your work.

Follow the tune ....them boots are made for walking, and schlep to the next opportunity to exhibit.