My first exhibit

Very cool Toni. Looks like a great venue.

It seems that sometimes with this sort of thing people need a while to ferment the concepts in their mind to get to the commitment level. Although honestly I'm a bit surprised that most of it wasn't snapped up on sight, for shame on the folks there for not taking advantage of this opportunity!

Have you posted photos before of the one in the center of this shot? That piece intrigues me.

Yeah, I'm not sure we've seen all of these pieces here before :D

Toni, You are such a true artist with incredible skills, I'm just in awe.

Seeing your work, and having seen some of it in progress on here through the years, well, it just blows me away.

I'm glad you had the opportunity for this show.

Have you posted photos before of the one in the center of this shot? That piece intrigues me.

attachment.php

Hi Vaughn.

Honestly I do not remember wether I posted it or not, although I think so as I have pictures of the making. Maybe I took the pics and finally I didn't post it. It is another carving that gives the impression of being a piece of leader stretched and half way sawn by a rope. The background is a piece of rusty ( or oxidized) sheet metal.
You can see it here better with two different illuminations.
ferida.jpgferida1.jpg

To the rest of gals and guys, thanks a lot for your comments, nothing of that would have been possible without all the inputs and knowledge shared here, so in way all those pieces have some part of many of you.
Thanks again to all.

BTW I have another exhibit arranged for february, have to make some more work until then.!

Just to confirm (since your carvings can be deceptive)... In this case the metal is real, the rope is real (?) and the "leather" is really wood. Right? Or is the rope wood also?

Just to confirm (since your carvings can be deceptive)... In this case the metal is real, the rope is real (?) and the "leather" is really wood. Right? Or is the rope wood also?
Hi Charlie, the rope is true hemp rope, the metal is true rusty sheet metal and the rawhide is basswood. You can see the gouge marks on the dark background pic.
On this one I wanted to experiment mixing materials and also play a trick on the viewer.