It's Friday - 11/18/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF! It's cooled off here and wind has been gusting all day, so I'm hoping all of my leaves blew off into my neighbor's yard. Unfortunately, I'm sure my other neighbors leaves blew into my yard to make up for it. ;) Otherwise, I've got some leaf mulching to do tomorrow. Will continue on some organization projects around the house and getting ready for a furniture delivery next week. I've got a couple of xmas projects to get started on also, planning to make a couple of cajons for the nephews.

What's on everyone else's plate?

I'm going to a funeral this afternoon for a high school friend who lost her long battle with cancer. A single mom, she leaves behind two teenage kids.

Sometime this weekend, weather permitting, I've going to remove and replace the trim around a window and door at the townhouse rental property my sisters and I own. It will actually involve wood and power tools for a change. ;)

I'm also planning to finish up my Partscaster guitar project this weekend. Photos (and maybe even sound samples) to follow once it's done.

Bobbie and I drove over to Valdosta this morning. It was time for a Steak & Shake fix!!! Also, couldn't let an opportunity to walk through HF for a bit; got a circular saw blade sharpener and some small stuff. Stopped by Dillon Candy Factory in Boston on our way home to get some dark chocolate covered pecans!!!!!

Saturday, I'll set up the saw blade sharpener and see how it works. Got a few outdoor items to tend to since we're getting our first true cold snap this weekend - cold being relative, of course!

Sunday will be pretty much the usual routine, starting with me preparing brunch. After that, my total focus will be getting ready for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship race. I'm ready to watch Jimmy Johnson make history with his seventh championship!!!

Friday the shop was going gang busters all day. Making deliveries, this week is the best week ive done in 13 years. I sitti g my oldest sons dog who is Jacks brother. He's dpent the 1st couple hours looking for Jack.
Tomorrow i need to go to Woodworkers warehouse to buy a couple bandsaw blades to keep cutting turkey call nlanks.

once again my weekend is bleak.
infusions till sunday afternoon, and still nursing a bulging disc in my back, still ticks me off since last Friday I just had to wash elens car and last rim bent down, boom, that was it.....exciting, isn't it?

Mine turned to work. A celebration of life service got added to the Holiday mix of services on my calendar. So all my 'spare' time will be spent in preparation for all the activities.

Sorta been there and done that on the disc in the back, Allen. Mine just came completely out though. Miserable until they did surgery. That was back in 1991 and been great since. Had a couple of nerves trapped between the vertebrae. No fun. Same neurosurgeon also did two fusions in my neck. Still good. Anyway, Friday told the shop no workee today and took in the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Great fun movie. Gonna have to get that on dvd when it comes out.

Bobbie and I drove over to Valdosta this morning. It was time for a Steak & Shake fix!!! Also, couldn't let an opportunity to walk through HF for a bit; got a circular saw blade sharpener and some small stuff. Stopped by Dillon Candy Factory in Boston on our way home to get some dark chocolate covered pecans!!!!!

!

YUM
YUM

Sorta been there and done that on the disc in the back, Allen. Mine just came completely out though. Miserable until they did surgery. That was back in 1991 and been great since. Had a couple of nerves trapped between the vertebrae. No fun. Same neurosurgeon also did two fusions in my neck. Still good. Anyway, Friday told the shop no workee today and took in the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Great fun movie. Gonna have to get that on dvd when it comes out.

2 back surgeries in the 94, and 96, just taking it easy, staying off my feet going on 9 days tomorrow, and trying to get in better shape, gonna go visit someone out in the Nevada desert in 2 weeks, don't need no back pain.

Having kind of an offset weekend. Wrapped up our annual industry conference today, after a busy month of preparation, on top of some travelling.
Going to knock off some lingering fall jobs between rain showers, combined with some shop cleanup and little repair jobs that are cluttering things up out there. Staying mostly off the radar on Monday too.
I hope your back settles down Allen. Been there. No fun. Sounds like you have an interesting trip coming up.

Saturday was used to plant the last 2 apple trees. I pruned the brood - 6 fruit trees and 7 blueberry bushes.

I cleaned up the leaves - again. I think ONE more cleaning and I am done for the winter.

I used the proceeds of the CNC sale to stock some materials - HDU 1 sheet 5x8 2" & 2 sheets 1" thick, PVC 2 sheets 1/2" thick & 3 sheets 1/4" thick, Foamboard 3 sheets 1/4" thick, Econopanel 1 sheet 1/4" thick, Extira 1 sheet 1" thick. I spent $1600 on materials. With what I already had, I am WELL stocked with material of all sorts. I had to reorganize the sheet goods in the Starlight Village Mercantile in order to get it all in there.

Sunday - super clean the shop, get ready for building Kitchen Cabinets.

First is to finish the church sign - they asked for it 9 months ago.

Saturday finished cutting the turkey call blanks . Spend t today antiquing with a good customer friend and his wife. Gibing advice for buying. Then was treated to an awesome chinese dinner. BTW He's chinese. Might be going to china with him and our wives next year.