You want some irony?

John Pollman

The best laid plans...

Had a great idea. A few days ago I ordered a hardware kit for a sliding barn door. It's just the rail hardware to make the door slide. I'm going to build the door myself. I have a 9" step up from our laundry room to the kitchen. It's getting extremely difficult to get up and down that step. There is also a step down from the kitchen to the family room. I have two 4-1/2" steps there so it is a little easier to deal with.

I'm going to install a 36" sliding barn door between the laundry room and the family room. This will make it much easier to get in and out of the house. The hardware kit came today.
I set it up on the counter to open it up and take a look at it. As I cut the shipping tape, the packaging came apart and the 1/4" thick x 1-1/2" wide x 72" long piece of steel for the rail fell out and landed right on my left foot! Oh yeah, I only had socks on. :(

How's that for irony?

Last edited:
The best laid plans...

Had a great idea. A few days ago I ordered a hardware kit for a sliding barn door. It's just the rail hardware to make the door slide. I'm going to build the door myself. I have a 9" step up from our laundry room to the kitchen. It's getting extremely difficult to get up and down that step. There is also a step down from the kitchen to the family room. I have two 4-1/2" steps there so it is a little easier to deal with.

I'm going to install a 36" sliding barn door between the laundry room and the family room. This will make it much easier to get in and out of the house. The hardware it came today.
I set it up on the counter to open it up and take a look at it. As I cut the shipping tape, the packaging came apart and the 1/4 thick x 1-1/2" wide x 72" long piece of steel for the rail fell out and landed right on my left foot! Oh yeah, I only had socks on. :(

How's that for irony?

That's Toedal Irony.
Next time purchase iron clad socks.

Dang it. I can feel the pain clear over here.

Get better and Enjoy,
JimB

Ow! I'll bet the CoC wouldn't allow you to post what was said at that moment. :rolleyes: I hope it feels better soon, John.

know the feeling... seems like everything I drop lands on my left foot. So far in my lifetime, I've had to grow a new toe nail on the left big toe 4 different times... last time was a couple of years back when I slipped off the hill behind the house and the foot went under the lawn mower... sheared the toe nail back about half way as clean as any surgeon could have.... it takes nearly a year to re-grow a big toe nail.