Pliers rack

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, spent some time cleaning up the shop. Really too cold to do much of anything serious out there. It was mid 30's out there. So I'd go out and do a little cleaning and sorting at a time, then come back in and get warm. Even sorted through my misc hardware bucket and got the screws sorted by size and back into the appropriate bins.

Anywhoo,

One thing I've been wanting is a way to keep all the little wire strippers, crimpers, and cutters I use for my electronics projects organized. Did a bit of research, but didn't find anything I wanted at a price I wanted to pay, so came up with this.

It's ugly, but functional.

pliersrack.jpg

Its fully functional. And it doesn't need to be ugly. Could use some sanding. Maybe softening the edges. Add a coat of rattle can and its a beauty.

Overkill?
a26afdf730e6f4f343ae3e67012ed851.jpg

know what ya mean about the cold.
forgot to turn heater on this morning, so when I went out there to work today, I was running parts over a roundover bit and after 20 minutes my fingers were too cold to continue.
got a little sanding in, that was it.

Hmmm. Did not consider red... I was going to use a sharpie and outline the pliers so I can remember to put them back in the same place.

I like the way you think, sir. :thumb:

Maybe red pegboard with a white silhouette of the pliers?

Seriously, I love the photo. It's a great candidate for a captioning contest.