Material Cost & Other Questions for 3D Printer?

That being said, It's really the difference in AC and DC. The ac Power supply is pulling down the 1.5 amps at 110, but that little heated bed might be pulling some decent amps at 12 volts DC. Especially if you need to heat that bed up to ABS levels, I think thats why the connectors on the mainboard have been melting.

sounds like a little I(squared)R going on. Hey Darren how much computing power do you need to run the slicer software. I have an older E machine laying around that right now has I believe XP on it, just wondering if it would work to run the slicer software.
You guys are making it real hard for me to stay away from this abyss.

sounds like a little I(squared)R going on. Hey Darren how much computing power do you need to run the slicer software. I have an older E machine laying around that right now has I believe XP on it, just wondering if it would work to run the slicer software.
You guys are making it real hard for me to stay away from this abyss.

Pentium 4 with 2 gb of ram seems to be the minimum. Cura requires at least Vista. It's a little doggy on my i3 at the shop, but works, so you might be waiting for some of the processing to complete on the emachine. Noticed it was using about 250 mb of ram under the task manager too.