Where are the Beards

You totally rock that look, girl! :D

I started growing a mustache my senior year of high school (1976) and didn't shave it off until about 3 or 4 years ago. It started out blond, but the last few years it was pretty much white. I tried a goatee for a few months about 5 years ago, but it was white and it didn't take long for me to decide it made me look older than I already am. So off it went, and I've been clean-shaven since. :thumb:

When I was in my 40s, my loving sons decided I needed some "Just for Men" as a gag gift for Christmas. I reminded them that THEY were the reason I had all this gray hair. Each of them had his own plot of gray hair they had contributed to the mix. Besides, I earned every gray hair on my head and in my beard and I'm proud of them. Hair either turns gray or turns loose. I'll stick with gray.

I started growing a mustache my senior year of high school (1976) and didn't shave it off until about 3 or 4 years ago. It started out blond, but the last few years it was pretty much white. I tried a goatee for a few months about 5 years ago, but it was white and it didn't take long for me to decide it made me look older than I already am. So off it went, and I've been clean-shaven since. :thumb:

I started in High school also, had to shave for wrestling and Jr Sr years yearbook photos. Couldn't be a student with facial hair in the yearbook.

My beard has been off and on more often than a pair of panties at a frat party. I kept the moustache for most of my life, since university, but lately I've mostly been clean shaven. Last time I took the facial hair off, I took a good look and realized I look like my mother, (No, she wasn't ugly.) I always thought I looked like my dad.

If you ask me customers used to Wonder if I were old enough to be running a business and so it's kind of always figuring out how do I make myself look like I'm a Craftsman I I did the goatee for a while and I sorta got a Craftsman look from people. Then I started growing the beard and I have people that listen to me talk to them about their furniture they kinda looked at me as if I where a Craftsman. Better conversations ensued and Jared Gru big beard also. Now the three boys in the shop they're also saying about growing a beard and mustache or goatee whatever they can grow. So the beard has become an item in the shop.

Last edited:
I started in High school also, had to shave for wrestling and Jr Sr years yearbook photos. Couldn't be a student with facial hair in the yearbook.

Wish I could have grown facial hair in high school... not even peach fuzz.... I went through navy boot camp at 19 only shaving every other day or sometimes every third day... never got gigged at inspections. I was well into my 20's before I could grow much of a beard or even shaved regularly... even today in my 70's one side is pretty scraggly... good growth on the chin.