Friday and colder then a

We work up with a dusting of snow had to give the bug a little extra time to warm up. Shop work , getting work out today, Saturday will be prepping for a trip to Assateaque Island for a Sika hunt Monday and Tuesday. Thinking of give the bug a little adventure trip to the coast.

Single digits here today and tomorrow. Oddly enough, back in my old home town of Nampa, ID they have 14" and -14 degrees with another 3" expected tomorrow! And I though I was moving INTO bad winters!

I picked up the flooring for the shop yesterday and the underlayment is due here today. I have a few cracks to fill in the concrete floor and then I can start laying the laminate. Also, the blast gates arrived yesterday so if I get tired of crawling around on the floor I can spend some time on the DC system.

I'm in my shop today with the doors wide open. It's 68° and party cloudy - but that's gonna change! It won't anything like most of you folks, but bad enough for south Georgia. Rain in our forecast tonight and it's bringing the cold. Mid-20s Saturday and Sunday nights with mid-40s during the day. I'll try to get a bunch done today in case I wimp out after the cold hits! :rolleyes:

Today, I'm finishing construction of a bat house - will post details in a different thread.

Saturday, I'll try for some shop time early and will definitely get some chicken leg quarters on my smoker. We'll most likely be keeping the fireplace stoked all weekend, too!

Sunday will be our usual with me preparing brunch, then who knows what might happen - other than trying to stay warm!

The bad thing about getting a cold snap down here is that it's just that - a snap. We're forecast to be back to 70° by Tuesday and near 80° by the end of the week!!!

Warming and drying here this weekend, with cooling and rain on Monday. I am officially on vacation this weekend from the day job.

Yesterday afternoon I broke down two sheets of plywood on the panel saw at the lab. Today I cross cut them for ends and sides of boxes, dado the bottoms, and begin the box joints for the corners. By Sunday I want to be breaking down sheets for the box bottoms. Next project will be to make a rolling cabinet for them. Some of the 26 boxes will also have variable dividers. In the end, I hope to have a mobile hardware store. The boxes will have handles and slide completely out of the cabinet for used. Tired of havng bits and pieces of nardware everywhere. I plan to even label the boxes. BTW, these handles are the 63 cent handles I mention in another thread! Been planning and preparing for this one for a while.

In the cooler morning hours and evenings i am still working on house plans. Now it is locating electrical and choosing windows. This morning a trip to the fire department to make sure I haven't overlooked something that will bite me later.

Forecast is for -6 and sunny tomorrow, just a nice winter day for outdoor activities.
Might finally put that firewood cart to work. We're way out of season for that task, but it was not a normal fall for us.
Also going to keep the shop momentum going. Been knocking off some little projects lately.

It was -1 this morning for us, hasn't helped with melting the snow we got Wednesday night, but the main roads have cleared up. Of course we woke up and it was at least 80* in our bedroom. My wife had heard a noise last night, so I went around the house to check everything. Apparently the door to the garage didn't quite shut and opened up after I headed back to bed. Well the thermostat is on the same floor as the garage and it was about 45 downstairs this morning. :doh:

Tonight, having dinner with my Brother and SIL, then home to maybe start on the lithophanes again. Saturday, have a few chores to take care of, then watching the grandson the rest of the weekend. He and I need to break in his new workbench and fix a few things for Nana. ;)

Just hold on a few days the weather is changing. Six degrees this morning. High of 16* today . Monday up to 60* or so they say. Stay warm folks.
David

We woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground and reports that all the roads from one end of town to the other were sheet ice. Apparently the city department that handles snow and ice removal didn't get the memo last night. :rolleyes: Schools (including the university) were closed, many employers were closed, and the city was crippled until midday. Me, I had nothing pressing going on, so I put some ice on my arm and went back to bed until 12:30 or 1:00. We're supposed to be in for lower temps than normal here for the weekend, too.

No earth-shattering plans for the weekend here. I'll mostly be taking it easy and doing as little physical stuff as possible. Might get one of my nephews to come over and help me install a little weather station that I got for Christmas. (What's this "help me" stuff? Let's be honest...I'll just be watching him do all the ladder climbing and wrench work.) Once it's set up, I'll be connecting it to the Weather Underground network. :thumb:

Woke up on Friday morning to find it was pretty danged cold. About14-15. Same as this morning. We got some light snow during the day on Friday. Sun is coming out today and it's supposed to get up to 38 or so. Tomorrow in the 40's. They said this winter was gonna be a roller coaster and I guess they are right.

Now they are calling for 12-18" here. Down to 4* tomorrow night. Woodstove is nice and warm in the house. Shop is nice @ 70.

Gonna work on the pet gate this weekend.

Planning on tiling the kitchen floor in the next week or so.

In OC MD 4" on the ground here at home in Rockville Md a good dusting. The weather guys are not saying much , I think their as confused about this one as the rest of us. Is it going to turn inland or hug the coast.