Good Haul (not Mine)

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
My best friend sucks. :rofl:

He brought me a couple of wood working magazines he found at a yard sale and was telling me a few of the little things he got. Seems this ladys wood working husband passed away last year and she was selling his WHOLE workshop. Needless to say, my friend didn't know about it soon enough and got there after the sale had been on one day already.
Well after I made the usual WOW! Oh Man!'s He says... Oh and I picked this up:

DeltaDrillPress001.jpg

MortisingAttachment001.jpg

He got the floor model, 12 speed and TWO of the mortising attachments, for $50.

He picked up a bunch of little stuff and she gave him a work table that needs some work. One of the things he missed was a DowelMax for ................... $40!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: She still had the book so there was no mistake on what it was. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One last trip there and he brought me a stack of circa 1992 FWW magazines over a foot tall to look at. He paid $7 for them.

I'm glad he found this. It was his turn. :thumb:

DT

WOW, that is awesome. I would love the get a DowelMax for that price been looking at getting one for a while now.

Aaron you will never regret it I assure you.

You have probably seen this already but working with the DowelMax is like playing with Legos. :rofl: :rofl:

Change pages at the top of each page.
http://dontee.sistmllc.com/cornercounter/

I waited a year after I discovered it. I only wish I had spent that year making neat stuff with it. ;)

DT

Gee, I don't know if it's just me but this story kind rubs me the wrong way. I hope if -- ok, when -- I die, my wife doesn't come across your friend when she sells off my tool collection.:(

Last edited:
Peter, I'm the other side of the coin. When I die, LOML can sell off the shop (no kids to pass it down to), and even if she sells it by the pound, I'll only ask that she sell it to woodworkers who'll use the tools as they were intended to be used. :)

Perhaps your attitude about it is healthier then mine. Let me it clear though, it's less about the tools and more about taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable situation.

Admittedly, I wasn't there and for all I know, the widow is independently wealthy and the loss of income won't hurt one bit.

Perhaps your attitude about it is healthier then mine. Let me it clear though, it's less about the tools and more about taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable situation.
Admittedly, I wasn't there and for all I know, the widow is independently wealthy and the loss of income won't hurt one bit.

I assure you Peter, the prices ask were the prices paid.

You are correct, you weren't there, you don't know anyone involved and your implication was taken as an insult to me, my friend and anyone else here that has found a good deal at a yard sale.

The next time you feel like jumping in to give advice on something you know nothing about, please try and remember:

At times, it is beter to keep the mouth closed and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

To the FWW members I apologize, I was almost able to ignore this and if the story had been entirely about me I probably would have. However, my friend’s sense of honor is impeccable. I simply could not stand by and let ignorance paste a shadow on that honor.

DT

Last edited:
I'm sorry my opinion offended you Don. No insult was intended. Just my $.02 worth.

Karma is believed to be a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well. It is cumulative.