winter working land, not for the faint of heart

if IM not turning when I have no flat work, Im scrounging through the scraps bin trying to think up short projects, 2, 3 4 hour projects.

I came up with this tiny box for one of the little girls. Im currently working on a larger one for jewelry with a pull out drawer.

I really need to get busy on something.

I wont be able to get back in the garage for a few days, got the car and bbq in there to keep out of the blilzzard heading here tomorrow.

the pink wood is a damaged bottle stopper made from the laminated plywood blanks I purchase. I made two pieces out of them.

Cute heirloom for a little girl.

I hope you put the BBQ where you can get it out easily tomorrow. Nothing better than Blizzard Barbecued Burgers:thumb:
That Nor'Easter's heading here tomorrow night. Looks like some tractor time Friday !

To demonstrate how impressed I am with that little cat box I am about to use a word you have never heard from me and might never hear again.

Awww, that's cute!

the bbq is new, and even though I have it covered, I just don't want to leave it buried under snow, besides, its one less thing I have to move when I clear snow.
I went out at 7:30 to remove trash pails after they were emptied, the base of the snow seems like ice, so I already know this is going to be difficult to clean up. Must have had a lot of freezing rain overnight first.

The bulk of the snowstorm passed just South of us, so we only got a couple inches, but because it'd been warm for the past couple days, the first of it melted on the warm sidewalks, then later froze, leaving about a 1/8" sheet of ice under a skimmer of snow on the walks. Makes for treacherous walking!

Actually went mostly South of us also. Fina got the brunt of it at her house. But like Jim says, warm, melted, refroze, ice under snow. Supposed to be 45 and raining here Saturday, so just a couple days of slip sliding around. Be safe all.

eh, I wish I lived in florida.......this is the view out my back door, I have a 3 foot snowdrift covering half my driveway. I hope it isn't blocking the shed door, Im not in mood to have to dig out the snowblower. I hate this stuff. absolutely hate it.its still snowing. but I guess were luckier than last year when we got something like 36 inches

Attachments

• stinkingsnow 002.jpg
    stinkingsnow 002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 15
Uhhhmmmmm, maybe should have put grill in shed, snowblower in garage????:huh: That's okay, my snowblower starts easy with a drop cord, so yeah, left it in the machine shed (which has no power). :eek:

My niece has an unrented guest house on her property 8 minutes from the beach in one of my favorite spots in florida. It looks better every time we get heavy snow.
If it wasn't for guilt and leaving elen up here to deal with this white stuff, I think Id go for a few months a year and pay her whatever rent she wants.

Some nice work there, made under trying conditions. I once used a double head propane radiant heater in my shop. Worked great but went through a 20 gal. tank in just a couple hours. I couldn't afford to continue using it. There are a lot of shop heater options available. Check out Northern Tool, they have quite a few to consider.

Ive thought about frank, even have a licensed electrician to hook it up for me for free now,(future son in law) but I keep thinking every year Ill work less and less in the cold, but then I seem to get busy.
I Purchased a small oscillated heater from HD, if I remember to turn it on in the morning early, it usually keeps the garage along with the other heat workable if temps are above freezing outside. Problem is I keep forgetting to turn it on till I go out there.