Jeff Wright

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the new-member welcome. Sam Blasco suggested I join the group and he's never steered me wrong.

I am getting back into woodworking after having been away from it for 25 years (business kept me busy and was living in a condo for many of those years). Now retired living in Treasure Island Florida and turning our 2-car garage into my dream workshop. Just had it rewired with 110 and 220, installed a mini-split air conditioning system, received my MiniMax 410 Elite combo machine, MM20 bandsaw, an Adjust-a-Bench on castors, an Oneida 3HP Gorilla DC, Leigh 24" Dovetail template, and miscellaneous hand tools. After relearning my wood skills by building shop storage cabinets, I'll tackle redoing the kitchen and bath cabinets. So far I have successfully deluded myself into believing that the money I will save building our cabinets will more than make up for the cost of the new tools! Pictures of my shop to follow soon.

way to jump on in jeff! we like pictures:D and most of us will chip in our .02 even if not asked.....from a condo to cabinet maker, cool! be carefull though as most of us can attest sawdust is adictive.....tod

Welcome to Family Woodworking Jeff. I too am newly retired and the first project after my retirement was to build a shop. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I enjopyed building mine and am enjoying using mine. I look forward to the pictures.