I got my sign-up!

Yeah, what he said. :(

I've been waiting years for Bell Canada to decide to upgrade my neighbourhood. I'm still stuck on 6Meg DSL.
Now that I have 4 teenagers in the house the network is creaking under the load. We caved and are going through the headache of switching to cable internet. 65M download here we come. I don't want to know how fast Google Fibre will be be, cuz it's never coming here!

Yeah, what he said. :(

I've been waiting years for Bell Canada to decide to upgrade my neighbourhood. I'm still stuck on 6Meg DSL.
Now that I have 4 teenagers in the house the network is creaking under the load. We caved and are going through the headache of switching to cable internet. 65M download here we come. I don't want to know how fast Google Fibre will be be, cuz it's never coming here!

When I typed in my address on the Google fibre search my computer laughed at me.

That is great going! I'm wireless broadband which ain't too bad. I don't like satellite because you can't get it with heavy cloud cover it seems, and when the tornadoes are spinning around I want to be able to see accurate weather info. I can't get DSL or anything like that where I am so wireless it is. But those speeds you are getting sound fantastic. Me jealous.

Guess NSA will now know what u up to in real time.lol

Like they don't know already, even before I do it. ;)

Got an email today that the actual install probably won't occur until close to August. They still need to send crews around to run from the road to the house, once that is in, they can schedule the install inside. In the mean time, my $10 down gives me access to my 1TB of online storage now at least.

The google tech showed up right on time this morning. We chatted about the location to mount all the hardware. Turned out the main box wasn't wall mountable, so I found a couple of shelf standards and brackets and threw up a shelf where he needed it. I'll be adding another shelf above it to put a small UPS unit on since the equipment doesn't have battery backup.
2017-04-28 10.47.29.jpg

The box above replaces the large one below, maybe 1/4th the size, and serves as the internet modem and tv management and storage.
2017-04-28 09.53.54.jpg

Then there are 4 of the smaller boxes, one at each tv. They can connect over coax or ethernet cables. Each tv box also will serve as a wifi repeater if needed, but all of mine are turned off as the main box does the job.
2017-04-28 09.54.03.jpg

As for speed, and as with most things, it is limited by the slowest component. My fasted time for my laptop over wifi has been about 350 Mbps download and 250 Mbps upload, for grins I connected it via a cable to the main box and it maxed out about 980 Mbps download and upload...this is fast! Again, things are still limited by the slowest component, FWW still loads about the same speed for me as it's server connection is the same as it was before, but downloaded a new distro of linux and took just a few seconds where it would have been a 5 to 10 minute download prior to fiber.