It's Friday & St. Paddy's Day!

Dave Hoskins

Today has turned into mostly working in the raised beds today getting ready to plant peppers. Also it is St. Patrick's Day. And, in an effort to be a traditionalist, I am wearing blue and green. Just green is the Americanized version. All paintings of St. Patrick shows him wearing blue and green from what I gathered on some History Channel shows and so on. But, whether you wear green or blue, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! And, hope your day goes well.

Last edited:
Looks like the weather's going to cooperate and it'll get over 50 deg, so guess I'll wander out and put the new motor pulleys on my lathe.... wish Jet would make the pulleys out stainless steel instead of aluminum... the aluminum makes them throw away items... seems like I go through a set of pulleys about every 5 or 6 months... the keyway slot will wallow out and jam them on the keyway and that usually causes them to crack.

LOML is making corned beef and cabbage for supper... must be my Irish blood coming out. She tells me her ex always wears orange on St. Patrick's day??

Had supervisor at TWA who was from the old country that always said -- "There's two kinds of people in the world, The Irish, and those who wish they were Irish. "

The main thing we're doing is recovering from three nights of Winter down here! Thursday morning we woke up to 27°. Sunday will get to near 80°.

I'm only 10% Irish, but I'll help with a bit of celebrating tonight!

I've been in my shop today, except for a break for lunch. Doing a little straightening up and playing with some stuff on my 3d printer.

Saturday will also be some shop time - more cleaning and organizing. I need to build an enclosure for my 3d printer as well as print a few things.

Sunday will be our usual - me preparing brunch, then getting ready for the Phoenix race.

Resting up and catching up from a busy week of travel and meetings, looking ahead to more of the same for the next few weeks.
I am, however, going to address that firewood pile again. Just couldn't stand the -30 windchill last weekend. I must be getting soft.

Still in WINTER mode here. Lots of ICY stuff out there.

This weekend is a continuation of last weekend.

Saturday a few hours getting a clients older Shop Bot up and running. I may be upgrading the control electronics and control software.

I am also building my kitchen cabinets and training my new apprentice.

I also have another client job in the works that requires my attention.

Long day today. Turned a couple of pulls from antique ivory. One for a late 1700s chest of drawers and one for a late 1700s butlers chest. At the king kong movie after a great dinner out.
Tomorrorw helping with a mussel loader class at IWLA.
Sunday church a a drive to see Jon, Kira and Skylar.

Been a really nice day here. I picked up a new relic plinker earlier today and spent tonight tearing it down for a cleanup and probably a restore. I need to get some yard work done tomorrow, then spending time with the grandson the rest of the weekend.

Warming up to spring so no telling where my wandering spirit will take me. Shop time yard work just all kinds of stuff.
Enjoy the nice weather.
David

Warming up to spring so no telling where my wandering spirit will take me. Shop time yard work just all kinds of stuff.
Enjoy the nice weather.
David
Man after my own heart lol , my wandering spirit has me in doors as its snowing outside....again.
Been packing meat this morning did a big shop at Costco yesterday. Have to get to shop today to sharpen the kitchen knives, I love my wife but man she is terrible when it comes to looking after the edge of a blade.😡

Been having a great week. Weather is going to take another turn today, so getting in some out door stuff, then into the shop to organize all of my electronic project parts general organizing.

Got seeds I need to go start in the green house!

I spent Friday driving 7 hours (round trip) to play guitar for 2 hours. And it was worth it. :thumb: We played at Angel Fire Ski Resort, outdoors on the deck at the base of the ski lifts. This is their last weekend of the season, and although the slopes are getting a bit slushy (if not muddy), the weather was gorgeous. The temp was in the low 60s, but at 8600 feet in elevation, that's short sleeve and sunscreen weather. The other guys ended up spending the night at the resort (part of our pay is free rooms and lift tickets), but LOML and I just made a day trip out of it. (We don't ski, and didn't want to leave the dog unattended at home.) It was a wonderful day for a drive through Northern New Mexico, and a great time was had by all. :) Here's an action shot from my wife's phone. ..

Action Shot Crop 1 - 1024.jpg

Today, I'm being a total slug and letting my crippled body recuperate from lugging a shipload of music gear up and down the steps yesterday, lol. (We typically use wheeled carts, but they don't do stairs.) Also have a corned beef round slow-cooking in the crock pot. We'll be having St. Patrick's dinner a day or two late. (And no cabbage for this guy. I believe cooked cabbage is the result of a drunken Irish dare centuries ago.)

Sunday, assuming my body is cooperating, I have a variety of yard and house work to get done.

Rob, the arm's doing great. I still have a couple of degrees of range of motion to get back (I can't fully extend it yet), but all in all, it's healing well. Still working on regaining my bicep strength. My left hand is still giving me problems from nerve and tendon issues that are the result of the surgery. My fingers are sluggish and have no endurance. But I'm working on it. ;)

While I'm here, I should share this pic of LOML and me in the middle of a Tom Petty song. The joys of running wirelessly. :D

V and K Mid-Song - 1024.jpg