Up against another FRIDAY !

Each Friday I buy lunch for the guys. I'm thinking of taking them to Red, Hot & Blue a good BBQ restraint in the area.
Tomorrow off to Annapolis for a Friends retirement party and B&B with the wife for the weekend.

Cool little story of the week. Hector who does all the stripping in the shop , his wife is pregnant. A customer stopped in with a decent chair 1920's Swan arm that asked me if I wanted it , cain seat and back rocking chair. It didn't need refinishing just reglueing and new Cain on the seat. I told hector he needed to start learning the re-glue process and the rocker was his project and Tony will help you with the caining part. He finished it up on Wed. and in the afternoon I sat it and said this a fine job Hector. I think you wife will really like this chair. Everyone in the shop was in on the surprise. So when Hector said ; No that not for me everyone said yep you just fixed your own chair & LOL

Last edited:
That was a cool thing to pull on him. I have no idea what's gonna happen today. Right now we have a nice slow rain coming down which is quite nice with all the new tomato and pepper plants I have out there. I was kinda sweating it a bit as they were saying when the front got here it was supposed to really rock and roll. Nope. Not yet, anyway. All supposed to be over by noon or so. If so I plan on cutting some white oak logs down and start on them Saturday. Beyond that point I have no idea.

Good one Dave! :thumb:

Looks like rain here today and tomorrow. I need to get into the crawl space and open up some vents, also bought a fan/humidistat to install on one of them. I have a new media cabinet to build for downstairs, then may get back to the laundry project and get the cabinets painted for it. Have a little yard work to get done on Sunday, maybe a first mowing if it's not too wet still.

Well, a hitch in my git-a-long, folks. Been hitting it pretty hard and now I have to pay the piper. Official diagnosis of exhaustion. Along with my other medical issues, means that I am flirting with more dire circumstances. Gotta back off. So, rearranging the work schedule and restructuring the house build. So far this weekend has been submitting to medical tests. All other things are off the table until I have some idea of what I can do. Will work on getting my affairs in order if this whole thing goes south. Yep. They scared me this week.

Get better Carol! All of us I think have a tendency to push things a bit hard, and like you said pay for it. Might right arm is just now getting back to somewhat normalcy after straining it last week. Did some light stuff and that was good enough. Nothing says it all has to happen in one day, ya know?

Great story, Dave!

Carol, please take care of yourself. We need to around here!!!

Today started with a visit to my primary care doctor - routine followup. Then, lunch with my wife and the neighbor lady after we took her to Lowe's to buy a new kitchen range.

I'm in my shop now - Friday afternoon - beating the bark off of the slab while a part runs on my 3d printer.

Saturday will be shop time and a little work in the yard. A friend will join us for dinner - shrimp & grits!

Sunday - the usual - I prepare brunch, then settle back later for NASCAR.

Carol, take care of your self.
I had a scare Sunday driving the bug up to Bass Pro near Baltimore. I was on 95 clipping along about 60-65 and all of a sudden total Double Vision. Lines on the road were separating , cars were dividing in to 2's Everything went crazy. Everyone has asked why I didn't pull over .... I could think about was not hitting the guard rail. I closed my left eye and I was ok. About 10 minutes of this and it disappeared. So far I've had a full eye exam and nothing wrong so now waiting on the Neurology Doc to set up an appointment.

Cleaned up the shop today, hung my old license plates over the garage door and started a reclamation project on and old cabinet belonging to Jan.

Good story Dave! Please check out my thread on this old cabinet!

Carol, please take care!

Ease up, Carol! :eek: None of us are as young as we used to be. Can't do it all at once anymore. Rest up and feel better soon.

The weekend started with our monthly show at the Dragonhorn Tavern Friday night. Had a great night with a happy crowd. By the time I got all my gear packed up, loaded, unloaded, and put away at home, it was nearly 3:00 AM and I was hungry. (I don't like to eat before we play...I don't want to feel bloated.) Stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got a Sausage McMuffin with Egg for dinner. Left the wrapped sandwich on my desk when I went to tell LOML I was home, and returned s couple of minutes later to find just the egg part of the sandwich on the floor by my desk, just as I heard the dog sneaking out the doggie door with the rest of my dinner. :rolleyes: He's actually good about leaving our food alone, but I'm guessing the sausage was too much for him to take. :) In the 7+ years we've had him, this was the first time he's gotten a real scolding. He didn't really know how to react, lol.

After some recovery time Saturday, it looks like yard work will be my main project this weekend. I have some tree trimmings to get to the dump, some planting bed prep, and the never-ending list of other yard maintenance. I also plan to mix another batch of insecticide and follow up the bug spraying I did last weekend. I sprayed last Sunday, and LOML killed a scorpion on the kitchen counter Monday evening. Then if that wasn't enough, she killed another one the next morning, within inches of where the first one was. The spraying on Sunday might have flushed them out into the open, but I just want all of them to be dead.

Have a good weekend, all!

Looks like a yard work weekend for me... mowed yesterday, need to fertilize today before the rain starts and hope it's not so hard as to wash it all away... bought some metal strips to replace the timbers around my trees in the front yard.. timbers are all rotted... wifey wants me to dig up and transplant the asparagus from the raised bed to the big garden... may be too muddy for that if it rains..... may get a little shop time Sunday.

Hope you get back on your feet soon Carol. No point in suggesting you take it easy, is there? :D

Weather is finally getting springy, so yesterday we went shopping. Started out at noon with Tractor supply, ostensibly to look at galvanized fence, but there happened to be some baby chicks there. The missus is weakening because the chicks were cute and the baby ducks were really a hit. There maybe some chickens and (ducks) in my future after all. Then off to Costco for balsamic vinegar and thick sliced uncured Canadian bacon, then Fresh Market for the sesame sticks (on sale), then Kroger for the sale on asparagus @ 99 cent/lb. and raspberry sherbet. Picked up some fried chicken and finally got home, exhausted, at 6pm after using up half a tank of gas to save a few dollars at different stores. Gardening for the rest of the weekend.

Carol, we are able to accommodate even the most discriminating craftsman with a wide range of 'resting up' options. Tackling a thoughtful selection from our extensive menu of unfinished and professionally procrastinated lawn/garden/shop projects will provide relief from the stress of everyday life and, after a nice meal, fully justify sinking into the La-Z-Boy with a digestif at the end of the day. Come on down!!:D

These Fridays just seem to creep up on us faster and faster. Seems like just yesterday it was Monday. The longer we live the quicker the time. Make the most it is the best bet.
Carol take care of yourself. You can't do everything in one day. (Ot two)
Had a nice shower last night to settle the dust. Getting very dry.
Work in shop little bit and mess with loml's brain. She's sowing so I can watch and give expert advice (not)
Everyone have a safe and helth weekend.
David

It's a bit of a compressed weekend, after a busy week getting ready for a semi-annual meeting of our association (my employers) yesterday. It's a sparkling, blue sky morning here, so had a nice walk with the dog around our regular loop.
Doing some outdoor jobs today and catching up on some small farm chores. There are also a couple of new gadgets in the shop I hope to get acquainted with :D

Take it easy Carol.

Oh boy, i go away for few days and look what happens.

Carol take it easy as others have said , need u around here ,someone has to keep da boys in order.

Dave great story and gesture. Hope the eye issue is not a serious one.

Ted, you taking after me. When i was i dunno around 20 ish, just before leaving home, folks were away on overseas trip. For some original reason i cannot remember for the life of me, i ended up in a pet store near were i was working, well i guess the wannabe farmer in me and future father in me just had to take a few chicks and duckies home. Lol.
With no facilities and a kitchen that had closing doors, i locked the whole gang in the kitchen. Oh boy....you should have seen it next day.
This was all a hangover of having had a bunch of chickens while in the army in the bush, i guess i was missing them. Lol
Eventually got a run going in back yard for them. Had planned on eating them when they got bigger but by then they had become pets. Poor Dad left him with the problem of dealing with them when i left home. For ages he kept asking when i was coming to take my ducks and chickens. Lol talk about an impulse buy.🙄

I just got back from a trip to the Lonestar state. Only thing i got to see was airport and hotel room and wow all the green trees from the car. Was nice to feel the sun again. I am bushed. Gonna rest up today. Gotta drive to Niagara tomorrow taking my niece and her boyfriend down to the falls.

Good news after i relayed the feedback from yall re the van scenario, they had a rethink and came to half their senses. They will now get a van in Seattle and drive down west coast and unload before CA. Thanks again for all the feedback you all saved me a serious project and potential load of conflict. Sometimes kids do use their brains.

Last edited: