New Machine

Leo Voisine

Well I just put a deposit on a new machine

100w CO2 Laser
It is 24x36 table with 4" rotary

It is a Chinese machine. Wish I could do American, but cost wise it means do Chinese or do not at all - ever.

Not sure when I will get it but the weather will be MUCH warmer here when it arrives. I am guessing late July.

Nice!! I'm hoping to see mine around the middle of May! Fun times coming! Excited we'll be on a similar journey with them, glad you decided to pull the trigger!

The machine is finished and will be going to the shipping port in China - just across the water from North Korea Capitol City.

I think it was about 30 days on the ship last time I shipped from China.

It was cool to track the ship last time, I will do that again.

The machine ships next Thursday if all goes well.

Robert - where is yours?

59394509655033162.jpg169652725403547902.jpg548704113393453657.jpg

There is my machine sitting there in a factory in China. It's all paid for and just waiting to come home to me.

They also sent me a video. I will upload that to youtube and post it here later.

Honestly - I like the color.

Haha, sorry guys - it's just a few things from watching Russ' videos and from the bit of research I've done!

Leo, that's an awesome looking machine! You obviously went for the larger power tube, a 130 max I assume looking at the housing extension. Mine is just 100w max (which has a real world usage of 80-85) which is a W2 RECI tube. I may upgrade it myself later at tube replacement time should I find a want for more power. :p

The little square meter in the middle is the mA meter that I'll install on the machine before I ever power up the tube. I want to be able to keep the current in the recommended range so that I can have the longest and safest tube life possible. Percentages on the controller mean absolutely nothing if you don't know what current and wattage they are producing!

The gauge on the right is a laser power meter that I can measure the wattage of the beam. I will use this to find out what wattage I am producing at what % controller setting. This is also a great diagnostic tool to determine loss across a mirror to see if there is a problem with 1 or more mirrors or alignment. For instance, I can measure the power leaving the tube, after mirror 1, after mirror 2, after mirror 3 (laser head without lens), and after the lens to determine how much power is being lost along the way.

The glasses are laser blocking safety glasses as I intend to disable the door switch to that I can easily align mirrors and check operation. I used to wear glasses and they will block most stray reflections BUT I had corrective surgery and no longer need them so I figured I'd better own at least one item of PPE in my shop!! :rofl:

Lastly is the Cermark - After ordering this I found a comparable product called Laser Bond 100 (on the RDWorks board Leo) that is a little bit less expensive. I ordered the aerosol can to use for getting the hang of it in the beginning, then the liquid is diluted and air brushed when used. Those 2 bottles were about $400...... but they will do quite a few projects! This is for lasering marks on metal which cannot be done with a co2 laser alone. You apply this product and dry (air or oven) and then laser and it will leave a very nice black marking that cannot be washed off!! I will use this for the stainless steel drinkware that I sell as well as for metal artwork from the CNC plasma.

Happy Lasering! I can't wait for the machine to arrive!!!

They sent me another video of the machine. It does have a mA meter on the cabinet, so, I don't need to go into that.

My machine is 100w max, so real is going to be around 80w - just like yours.

I am excited about getting it.

My problem is going to be my "get things in order for retirement" work list for the next 3 years. I will not be able to be in full play mode until then. I will certainly do SOME play, but not FULL play.

Thank you for the enlightment on the items.

Tell me a little more about the spray stuff - maybe I should get some of that while I am still working. After I retire the well is going to COMPLETELY DRY UP.

Tell me a little more about the spray stuff - maybe I should get some of that while I am still working. After I retire the well is going to COMPLETELY DRY UP.

Awesome, Glad you got the mA meter installed! Very important!!

Here's a link to the less expensive stuff, designed by the same guy that sold out to Cermark.... lol http://www.laserbondingtech.com/

Here's a YT of the process from one of the Cermark distributors. I got the LMM-6000. It's comp to the laserbond one above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVscWOHZ1bQ