New Machine

My machine is 100w max, so real is going to be around 80w - just like yours.

I looked up the tube info that you posted over on RDWorksLab and you have got a little higher power tube BUT a shorter lifespan (up to 6,000 hrs vs. 10,000 hrs).

Lifespan is improved by keeping the current down below max and as others have mentioned over there, that also has good results in lengthening the life of your tube. The RECI tube I have coming is 100w max, rated at 90 but the big thing to read from these is the current rating! The recommendation for mine is 29 mA max BUT they say never operate above 27 mA :huh: AND then go on to say that life span is increased if kept below 25 mA. Another important mA rating is the 4 mA pre-ionization for impact engraving but you can see more about that when you get to Russ' video about that. :D

Remembering that cutting capacity is usually found long before max power because at a certain point the depth of cut plateaus and the beam just gets wider.... I would say you'd do well to keep your mA at a max of 28 or so for the best tube life. ----- Looking at the comparable RECI tube info (I don't see additional data on your brand) I see they say max current is 30 and max working is 30 mA but to keep it below 28 mA. For the RECI tube they also go on to say that life is greatly extended if kept below 26 mA.

WOW that was a lot of typing to say what seems like not very much.... :type: :rofl::rofl:

I will very likely increase the wattage of my tube when I replace it in my machine - I knew it was going to be a little underpowered but I mainly wanted the 600x1000 bed size.

I wish these things would hurry up and get here so we can PLAY instead of just talk! :thumb: Who knows, with the Chinese reliablity and the randomness of US customs yours might arrive before mine!

Your talk in informative.

I got a message that mine left the factory and in on the way to the shipping port.

Once it is on the ship, I will track LON, and LAT daily. I will plot it on google earth. It is interesting to see the progress. The path is NOT one that is expected.