It's Friday the 21st

Dave Hoskins

So far it's been mowing for me. Did a bit of cleanup in the shop area. Figgered I better get some stuff mowed down before the next round of storms comes in this evening. Supposed to, anyway. Then I expect to get a bit of turning in. I wanted to do some cutting for blanks but I don't see that happening today. Never know so I won't rule it out until the sun goes down. In the meantime, back to mowing.

...Figgered I better get some stuff mowed down before the next round of storms comes in this evening...

We've gotten over 2" of rain in the past couple days so my back yard is sorta like a swamp again. Supposed to dry out a bit over the coming week, so I may be able to mow (reap) by the end of next week.

Have some yard work to get done and a couple of Mothers Day presents to work on mostly. I'm considering removing the flooring in our kitchen this weekend and get it replace with the stack we bought for it that has been sitting in my garage for about 2 years now. Just haven't decided if I'm feeling that energetic yet to get it all done this weekend. :coffee:

Shop time! (mostly).

Have a few projects to finish up inside the house but spending much of the time building a cut-off bin and shorts storage for the shop.

I had the week off, so, -- I was able to get some stuff moving.

I finished my machine upgrade, did some cleanup on the spindle water cooled spindle, cleaned up the shop.

I did research on a CNC 4x8 router for my client, met with him a few times.

I researched and ordered my Laser machine

I cleaned up the entire yard, aerated, dethatched, reseeded, and seeded new lawn area.

Got my old truck hauled off, and got my ford exhaust replaced.

I got another clients work moved to the next stage - 36x48 textured marker boards.

I am making shelves for a third client. In the works.

I was slowed down a bit because is in recovery from a hip replacement from 2 weeks ago. I have to do the shopping, cooking and laundry plus other housework. She is recovering well. Hopefully another 2 weeks and she will be on the other side of this ordeal.

You will all be happy to know I spent the week resting, recovering from the Easter events. The whole week! Now prioritizing the next events to accomplish. And marshaling my energy level to not overdo again. Feeling a bit better.

Gonna go spend some time in the lab today. Now that the house plans are almost ready to submit to the county (at least out of my hands right now), I gotta get back to work on the John Deere project.

Good for you Carol! Keep taking it easy to the extent you can. ;)

If the allergies will let up long enough I'm hoping to get my garden beds prepped and veggies planted. Not doing much, but I've got tomato plants, plus a few other seeds to put in the ground.

This evening I'm planning to meet up with a buddy and do some guitar gear swapping.

Other than that, it looks like the weekend will be the usual mix of house and yard work, of which less will likely get done than planned, lol.

You will all be happy to know I spent the week resting, ...

Yay! Good for you, Carol!!!

A little combination of shop time and yard work today.

Shop time Saturday doing a bit more on my walnut slab along with milling some of the other walnut boards. Also need to start on milling some cherry to make a frame for my daughter's diploma.

Sunday will be our usual with me preparing brunch, then chilling out to get ready for Bristol.

its a triple project weekend for me.
assembled the Adirondack chairs, for me, and tomorrow, because it rained today, I will paint them with some deck paint(blue)
Im also in the middle of cutting and glueing up a couple of American flag cutting boards,purpleheart, maple, sapele
sunday, my son is bringing over the necessary supplies(sheets) and printouts of parts for the retro video game cabinet we are going to build together.
Id like to post the youtube video of the video game cabinet, but I don't know how to or link it, but Ill show a picture of the progress we make. Im not keen on using woodworking plans off of youtube. He will do all the computer work on it. Once its assembled, he will take it home, spray paint it, knock on the plastic t molding, and put it together.
not too fond of working with purpleheart on the cutting boards, splinter wasn't fun

Attachments

• tripleprojectweekend 005.jpg
    tripleprojectweekend 005.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
  • tripleprojectweekend 004.jpg
    tripleprojectweekend 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 9
Mostly yard work. I put the Mantis tiller back together with a new carb, gas lines and spark plug and it fired right up but the carb needs a little adjusting. Weeds are taking over and some of the regular insect pests are making their appearance...flea beetles attacking the egg plant and cabbage worms on the kale. I usually hand pick the worms, but the flea beetles are a problem for someone trying to limit insecticides to organically approved ($$$$) types. Trying something new this year and using a fine mesh nylon netting over the egg plants. Maybe that will help.

Mostly yard work. I put the Mantis tiller back together with a new carb, gas lines and spark plug and it fired right up but the carb needs a little adjusting...

I had to put a new carb on mine a couple years ago, too. It was about ten years old. Dealer wanted nearly a hundred bucks for the carb, plus labor to install it ($50.00 minimum.). Like you, I got a carb off Amazon for less than $20, and installed it in about ten minutes. Mantis has been running great ever since.

Waiting toddy out. 2 1/2 "rain since last night. More coming now and through the night. Though it was getting dry but this is silly.
Maybe clean shop in morning. It can always use that. Look at what's in stock for book shelf. Running out of book space.
Enjoy the weekend safely and happily.

David

Tough week. Marilyn's mother passed away. She was 92 and lived a full life but it doesn't make dealing with it any easier. Calling hours are on Sunday and the funeral is on Monday.

Today we did vision screening for little kids at the Lions Club. We found several little ones with eye problems and will refer them to our local eye doctor. Had some very grateful parents :)

Bob,
My condolences to you and your wife....

Got the yard mowed on Friday before the rains started... rained most of yesterday and last night, still drizzling now. Had planned to pull all the timbers from around our raised garden beds and replace with metal strips, but too wet for that.... did a little shop time yesterday, today need to run into town for a couple of prescriptions for LOML and one for me. Otherwise, may just kick back.