Pics from a shop in Bethlehem (West Bank)

Very cool photos, Mohammad. :thumb: It's interesting to see how people will make do with what they have if there's a necessity to do so.

The guy running the saw in the second video must be new there. He still has all 10 fingers. :eek:

Yes - Shows us you do not need the best tools as long as you have a strong need and desire.

I have a friend who spent 10+ years on a sail boat in the Bahamas. Raised his kids on the boat. I said you must have a lot of money or a lot of luck to be able to do that. He said "wrong".

Had no money and not a lot of luck but had a very strong desire to make their nautical lives work. When he ended that adventure he said they owned the old boat, $180 cash and a 10 year old car. Life moves on.

That saw video is amazing.

Looks like a very interesting building it's in with all the arches and such.

What a cool trip. Thanks for the pictures!

Nice to see where the stuff comes from. I have a Jerusalem Cross and a Rosary chaplet made from olive wood in Israel, probably in a factory just like this one, or perhaps this factory. It is very nice wood, something like basswood, I think.

Nice to see where the stuff comes from. I have a Jerusalem Cross and a Rosary chaplet made from olive wood in Israel, probably in a factory just like this one, or perhaps this factory. It is very nice wood, something like basswood, I think.

The olive wood I've turned was a lot harder than basswood. Prettier grain, too.