Router Table Cabinet Insert

Brett Luna

I bought a Kreg router table and stand combo a while back just in time to finish the keepsake box project and of course, it wasn't long before the upgrades began. First came a Jessem Mast-R-Lift II with the big PC 75182 motor. Then I started working a cabinet and dust box insert. Here it is, mostly finished with just a few details to mop up:

It's loosely based on the Kreg plan but in place of the vertical pullouts on either side of the dust box door, I opted for a power panel with a magnetic switch and a digital hour meter, and an open cubby for feather board storage. The divided drawer accommodates my foam bit tray on one side, with some room to spare for bit accessories and doo-dads. I have another foam tray on order to cut down for the other side.

I did my best to color match the power panel, knobs, door vent, and outlet cover using a rattle can of Krylon 2X "Brilliant Blue" from the BORG. A little lighter than "Kreg Blue" but not too bad. Speaking of the outlet cover, I didn't hardwire the router motor because I thought maintenance would be easier if I could just pull the plug. I did pigtail the power cord, though, to get rid of the excess.

Very nice, I did something similar with my Kreg stand except I mounted my switch on an elevated post on the backside of the stand. I think I like your location better.