Twin Dressers project finished

Dewayne Baker

Twin dressers for my twin daughters who are 8 years old. I have been working on this project in my spare time for over a year and now they're finally done. The girls are ecstatic!
Woods used are cherry, maple and walnut. The pulls are a bent lamination and attached with walnut dowels. The tops feature breadboard ends with walnut accent pins. The drawer boxes are maple ply edged with cherry riding on full extension ball bearing guides. Drawer box joinery is tongue and groove. I'm very pleased with how they came out and I hope I have inspired some, as I have been inspired by others. Enjoy the photos.

DSC02099alt_zpsu5en0itk.jpg

DSC02098alt_zps1nqtnmxh.jpg

DSC02088alt_zpshqbwftsj.jpg

DSC02085alt_zpsxkrcuhtv.jpg

DSC02101alt_zpsq8pgdiho.jpg

Wow wow wow, call me a fan and inspired. Love the choice of wood and design and the color. Nice draw pulls.

Hope your daughters enjoy and appreciate all the effort that went into them. Those should last a lifetime. Thanks for posting.

Wow wow wow, call me a fan and inspired. Love the choice of wood and design and the color. Nice draw pulls.

Hope your daughters enjoy and appreciate all the effort that went into them. Those should last a lifetime. Thanks for posting.
thank you, they appreciate everything I build and we have a mutual understanding that dad's creations stay in the family.

Wow, fantastic job as always Dewayne. Love the selection of wood. What did you go with for the finish process?
Thanks, the finish starts with a seal coat of supper blonde dewaxed shellac then 2 coats of a mixture of oil based polyurethane, pure tung oil and boiled linseed oil. Final step is a coat of howards feed and wax. The drawer boxes dont get oil, just 2 coats of schellac.